F-14 double firing of AIM-9's

Capn kamikaze

5 hours ago, Capn kamikaze said:

I'm getting two AIM-9's come off the rails for a single fire command.

What HOTAS do you have? I've found that the X56 has ghost inputs occasionally.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if trigger pull is being counted as one press and trigger release is being counted as another press. Can you pull the trigger and hold for a few seconds to see if only 1 sidewinder comes off, then release the trigger to see if the other sidewinder comes off as well?

Can't say I have experienced this (VKB MCG Pro , dual stage trigger) and I've been firing some heaters lately in a merge and they come of one at a time but I'll keep an eye on it if it does happen under certain circumtances.

Edited by HunterICX

2 hours ago, HunterICX said:

Can't say I have experienced this (VKB MCG Pro , dual stage trigger) and I've been firing some heaters lately in a merge and they come of one at a time but I'll keep an eye on it if it does happen under certain circumtances.

Simple test would be to map the trigger to a different button, or even a key press (turn the key repeat rate way down on your keyboard settings). 

Viewpoints are my own.

DId some testing, if I pop the trigger quick enough one fires off, if I hold it, only 2 ever fire off. So with a load of 4 it fires 1A 8B and or 1B 8A. And they're perfectly synched. So it's not acting like 2 separate press instances.