Broken Fuel capacity after damage

After taking battle damage to internal fuel tanks - i.e. fuel drains out -, land, repair, refuel and restart. Indicated fuel on the IEFI is then Full Tank + whatever actual internal fuel is. After a few minutes of runtime, the engines cut out, as though they have run out of fuel - even though I just refueled. Refueling again repeats the cycle - fuel level then goes up to ~30k lb, until the engines cut out. 

Below fuel level is impossible, even with external tanks, and I have none.  

I do have a track file, but it's hours long, happened somewhere in the middle, and is nearly 200MB. I can post it if needed, though. 

invalid fuel level.jpg

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, I am unable to reproduce at the moment, I will mention it to the team however. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I was finally able to reproduce this in a short track. Used a low-yield explosion trigger on the ground to simulate battle damage. Issue seems to coincide with an MC1 failure and the affected leaking fuel tanks. GEN TIE warning light also present after repair and right engine restart (fixed by resetting the GEN TIE switch as-per NATOPS instructions). Reported fuel temperature read as 1000°C on the ENG page, causing the FUEL HOT caution.

FUEL_HOT_Bug.trk

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I just had a similar problem.

I got battle damaged and a Fuel Leak, managed to land, shutdown the aircraft, repair and rearm.

The rearming was taking a lot of time and I could hear the sound of the aircraft being refueled.

It took so long that I decided to startup the plane and check the fuel gauge, that is when I realized I had 24,000lb of fuel with no external tanks.

The plane was fine although I had L FUEL HOT and R FUEL HOT errors on the left DDI

KVyhbYM.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 3:02 AM, Tholozor said:

I was finally able to reproduce this in a short track. Used a low-yield explosion trigger on the ground to simulate battle damage. Issue seems to coincide with an MC1 failure and the affected leaking fuel tanks. GEN TIE warning light also present after repair and right engine restart (fixed by resetting the GEN TIE switch as-per NATOPS instructions). Reported fuel temperature read as 1000°C on the ENG page, causing the FUEL HOT caution.

FUEL_HOT_Bug.trk 432.57 kB · 1 download

Hey@BIGNEWY, just a quick bump so this doesn't get lost in the sauce, not sure if anyone's had a chance to check this track out yet. Let me know if the issue doesn't manifest itself on that one and I'll try and reproduce it again.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team
On 6/17/2021 at 8:02 AM, Tholozor said:

FUEL_HOT_Bug.trk 432.57 kB · 2 downloads

thanks for the track, reproduced and reported to the team

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 9 months later...

During a flight I recieved enemy MG fire that damaged my tank and my left generator. I landed and repaired the aircraft, but when I refueled again I ran in a couple of issues:
- The fuel counter went crazy showing up to 22.XXXlbs without external fuel tanks installed (see screenshot).
- The refueling process never finished (The ground crew never reported "refueling complete" and I could here the refueling sound continiously for 10+ minutes)
- The real fuel never went up, as my engines suddenly shut down after some minutes (I landed with 400lbs fuel).

Unfortunately I don't have a usable track file as this happened on a busy MP server after quite some time of flying.

Hornet Fuel Bug.png

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...

I think this was originally mentioned in forum post below but not as a bug. Just tried to recreate this in single player with me and a stinger but couldn't. This mostly occurs to me when playing on the DDCS server but that may be down to the prevalence of ir sams and manpads which allow me to go home with a fuel leak. Below I'll provide an image of the bug as well as the latest track which I experienced this, however because I couldn't replicate this in SP I don't have a good trackfile to give. Basically, when the F18 leaks fuel and is then landed and repaired, the fuel system is bugged, possibly in its simulation but definitely in its output. You get a fuel hot caution and your aircraft reports having over 20,000 pounds of fuel onboard which should not be possible.

FuelHot.jpg

• 7 months later...

Caught some flak. Landed. Got repaired then rearmed/fueled. Now I'm showing 25,000lbs of fuel onboard with just internal and belly tank...And now it just shut down the engines while I'm typing this. I caught a bug or something. 

20240108_201833.jpg

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"