TPOD TDC Depress bugged in a/g?

Orwell

I should be able to make a tgt point with tdc depress (diamond) no? I can't. Am I doing something wrong?
We are going to need more information.
What pod, what master mode, did you have a TGT point previously etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hulkbust44 said:

We are going to need more information.
What pod, what master mode, did you have a TGT point previously etc.

I think I know what he meant. TPOD, AG mode. Selecting a way point to designate makes TPOD aim at that way point with a diamond in the center. However if I move TPOD to another location, TDC depress doesn't bring out the diamond anymore. Although coordinates can be copied over to JDAMs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Anti-Vehicle said:

I think I know what he meant. TPOD, AG mode. Selecting a way point to designate makes TPOD aim at that way point with a diamond in the center. However if I move TPOD to another location, TDC depress doesn't bring out the diamond anymore. Although coordinates can be copied over to JDAMs.

okay so it's a product of using waypoint designate - I can't bring up the diamond after slewing from that point? 
I do notice my markpoints still work.

okay so it's a product of using waypoint designate - I can't bring up the diamond after slewing from that point? 
I do notice my markpoints still work.

You will always see a diamond at you target point no matter how it's designated. You will not see one in the pod display however.

But it was different before the last update wasn't it!? I found it more responsive and obvious where the TPOD was aiming at by showing the diamond. But maybe it's just a 'get used to it' thing. As long as it is as in the real pod - i'm fine with it.

• Like 1

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

But it was different before the last update wasn't it!? I found it more responsive and obvious where the TPOD was aiming at by showing the diamond. But maybe it's just a 'get used to it' thing. As long as it is as in the real pod - i'm fine with it.
What diamond are you talking about? You can see the TGT point on your HUD, HMD, and HSI/SA.

Earlier when i slewed the the TPOD around whenever I pressed TDC the diamond appeared and I could check with the e.g. jdam page open, the coordinates changed accordingly.

So, targetpoint set.

Now, it does work the same except the diamond in the flir just doesn't show up. I don't get an immediate optical response by pressing the TDC that the point I'm looking at is set as targetpoint and transferred to whatever corresponding weapon.
Does that make sense? Maybe I missed a feature with the last update here but this is how it seems to me. Again, I'm fine if it's the way it is.

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Earlier when i slewed the the TPOD around whenever I pressed TDC the diamond appeared and I could check with the e.g. jdam page open, the coordinates changed accordingly.
So, targetpoint set.
Now, it does work the same except the diamond in the flir just doesn't show up. I don't get an immediate optical response by pressing the TDC that the point I'm looking at is set as targetpoint and transferred to whatever corresponding weapon.
Does that make sense? Maybe I missed a feature with the last update here but this is how it seems to me. Again, I'm fine if it's the way it is.
Hold on, quick clarification, are you talking about the LITENING or ATFLIR?

Litening

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

This thread's OP is correct. The Litening POD used to display a diamond in the centre of the reticle after TDC depress pre 2.7. Currently, this behaviour only shows when WPDSG a target. Upon slewing the pod and TDC depressing, the diamond is no longer displayed on the pod's screen, but is correctly sent to the aircraft's weapon systems and actually designated. The only change in 2.7 is the lack of a persistent diamond in the pod's screen. Whether that is correctly modelled now, or pre-2.7 - I don't know.

Edited by vCSG3 Bloat 203
  • Like 2

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat

This thread's OP is correct. The Litening POD used to display a diamond in the centre of the reticle after TDC depress pre 2.7. Currently, this behaviour only shows when WPDSG a target. Upon slewing the pod and TDC depressing, the diamond is no longer displayed on the pod's screen, but is correctly sent to the aircraft's weapon systems and actually designated. The only change in 2.7 is the lack of a persistent diamond in the pod's screen. Whether that is correctly modelled now, or pre-2.7 - I don't know.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I for one have strictly used the ATFLIR since 2.7 haven't seen the change.

1 minute ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I for one have strictly used the ATFLIR since 2.7 haven't seen the change.

I applaud your devotion to realism - ATFLIR is so inferior to the Litening right now, I can't bring myself to using it - I'd rather pretend I'm flying in a Marine Corps squadron 😄 :<

Edited by vCSG3 Bloat 203

I applaud your devotion to realism - ATFLIR is so inferior to the Litening right now, I can't bring myself to using it :
I can't bring my self to have that tumor of a targeting pod on my sleek jet

I just like the aesthetic + superior stabilization and tracking modes. The zoom plus FOV on one control is also pretty nice. I'm getting used to it before they add the Image degradation to the Litening.

• Like 1

Just now, Hulkbust44 said:

I can't bring my self to have that tumor of a targeting pod on my sleek jet emoji6.png

I just like the aesthetic + superior stabilization and tracking modes. The zoom plus FOV on one control is also pretty nice. I'm getting used to it before they add the Image degradation to the Litening.

hehe, good shout! 🙂

47 minutes ago, vCSG3 Bloat 203 said:

I applaud your devotion to realism - ATFLIR is so inferior to the Litening right now, I can't bring myself to using it - I'd rather pretend I'm flying in a Marine Corps squadron 😄 :<

If only the Litening we had was USMC. Instead you should be pretending to be a Spanish aviator circa 1995

• Like 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2