New computer, new install, DCS won’t boot up in VR

Teleblaster

So I finally upgraded my computer to this one, installed the Oculus software (Rift CV1), installed DCS, plugged everything in, booted up the Rift, booted up DCS... and it booted up to the desktop. I could hear the audio through the headphones, and I could see the normal Oculus Home view through the goggles so I know the Rift works. I tried everything I could think of to no avail, so I’m now re-installing DCS. Just in case the same thing happens, what could the problem be?

Not sure about OCulus, but there was a WMR/steamVR update earlier that has broken SteamVR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

There is a tickbox in DCS settings , "use vr headset" or something to that effect .

I always start and minimise Oculus , then use Skatezilla's GUI to launch DCS in VR mode . Launching within Oculus often causes the problem you describe . 

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

PC's were invented to make us feel foolish 🙂

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2