WMR Steam VR FUBARED!!!

71st_Mastiff

Yes I’m on the beta track…

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I reverted to the stable WMR for SteamVR and DCS no longer crashes in missions.

I also reran my benchmark and don't see any difference between beta and stable versions.

I note the new SteamVR beta has a bunch of new features which require WMR for SteamVR beta for them to work so I guess I won't be trying those for now

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

The STEAMVR crashed all times to me after update WMR for steamVR  1.3.6 beta. It didn't matter if it was in the steamVR BETA or the official one. Just fix it by uninstalling STEAMVR,  deleting the SteamVR  folders in  "Your Steam installation / steamapp / common .."  and  "users / your windows user / APPDATA / local / .. "

The AppData, is a hidden folder in the system, you have to see hidden folders in the folder options of the windows explorer ... After all this, reinstall SteamVR, beta or official. Now  STEAMVR run perfect for  me wit WMR for steamvr beta 1.3.6

Edited by Werewolf_fs

Hi Guys don't know what to tell you.  I'm really sorry you are having problems, all i can say is, im still running now on 1.17.8 ... i hope you find out what the cause is swiftly and get up and running soon too or revert to a version that works for you as @ShaunXdid 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Hi everyone,

I got to admit there is something wrong with SteamVR...im runing latest beta (1.17.8) and latest update of WMR +466.27 Nvidia  driver (RTX 2080Ti).  If I use pure WMR ( eg MFS 2020) it runs smooth, i can play for hours, no headtracking problems, I can hybernate/wake up  G2 headset number of times - no issues at all.

Aside of frequent loosing track of headset (I can somewhat live with that), SteamVR crashes all games I own (IL-2, DCS, Warthunder) with criticall error (on both multi-and singleplayer mode). Rebooting, fresh SteamVR (beta/stable) install didn't help.

That suxxx so much as I finished working on my F-16 simpit, and I cannot use it for my beloved Viper. Having said all that, I wonder if DCS could someday abandon fussy StemaVR and move to pure WMR ( I guess less middle software involved the better... )

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpion27 said:

Hi everyone,

I got to admit there is something wrong with SteamVR...im runing latest beta (1.17.8) and latest update of WMR +466.27 Nvidia  driver (RTX 2080Ti).  If I use pure WMR ( eg MFS 2020) it runs smooth, i can play for hours, no headtracking problems, I can hybernate/wake up  G2 headset number of times - no issues at all.

Aside of frequent loosing track of headset (I can somewhat live with that), SteamVR crashes all games I own (IL-2, DCS, Warthunder) with criticall error (on both multi-and singleplayer mode). Rebooting, fresh SteamVR (beta/stable) install didn't help.

That suxxx so much as I finished working on my F-16 simpit, and I cannot use it for my beloved Viper. Having said all that, I wonder if DCS could someday abandon fussy StemaVR and move to pure WMR ( I guess less middle software involved the better... )

Cheers

Your best bet as I found myself, is to just opt out of the beta version of WMR for SteamVR. It does seem to be that beta update that is causing the problems. That fixed my issues immediately and I'm getting the same performance on the stable version.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

9 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Yes I’m on the beta track…

what version of Windows 10?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

always on the current release and patch state 20H2 19042.928

20 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

always on the current release and patch state 20H2 19042.928

unfortunately I suffer from the dreaded undeployable can not update past 20H1. I get the x000008 error when trying to update to that version. It steams from doing imaging copy over from another hard drive when it went kapoot.

Windows or (Micr$oft) wants me to pay for another upgraded version because I migrated from the original to a new SSD. Not happening.

for those who also have that can not update to the latest 2H2, just uninstall Steam WMR, and Steam VR and reinstall the vanilla non betas worked for me.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

actually no they dont they just want you to re-register, unless it was originally an OEM licence in which case you need to bind your licence key to your Microsoft Account, that works.

in either case Microsoft does not block updates going to even actually illegal copies of windows.   

37 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

actually no they don't they just want you to re-register, unless it was originally an OEM license in which case you need to bind your license key to your Microsoft Account, that works.

in either case Microsoft does not block updates going to even actually illegal copies of windows.   

there blocking mine, I have migrated over the last 5 years with the same OS. and they told me I had to purchase and upgraded license even after I showed them the original from windows 8.1. 

not going to pay for a full license; they didn't like the fact I only did upgrades. 

Though at some point Ill have to bite the bullet and spend week installing a new version. its going to mess up all my Flight sims inputs and settings.

and it will take a month to get everything right again.

I suffer from this. Micro$oft want me to pay for another license because I bought the old window 8.1 version years ago and just simply paid student prices for upgrade to windows 10. They told me I was gaming the system.

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

this error if you get it is from migration from a bad hard drive that was failing to a new SSD intel 980 m.2. Micro$oft stated I either reinstall or pay for another upgrade for Windows 10 pro.

Not happening.

not going to spend a month reloading everything, day after day I have all the modules an it would take me a good month to get all the inputs rebound.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

I had to bailout on that last WMR for Steam VR Beta as well.  My standard Jug mission kept going Tango Uniform on me, and crashing out.  After uninstalling, and then going with the standard prod version of WMR for Steam VR, all is well.  Flew both the Jug mission, and managed to get a nice flight in with the K-4.  All is well....

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

11 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

there blocking mine, I have migrated over the last 5 years with the same OS. and they told me I had to purchase and upgraded license even after I showed them the original from windows 8.1. 

not going to pay for a full license; they didn't like the fact I only did upgrades. 

Though at some point Ill have to bite the bullet and spend week installing a new version. its going to mess up all my Flight sims inputs and settings.

and it will take a month to get everything right again.

I suffer from this. Micro$oft want me to pay for another license because I bought the old window 8.1 version years ago and just simply paid student prices for upgrade to windows 10. They told me I was gaming the system.

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

this error if you get it is from migration from a bad hard drive that was failing to a new SSD intel 980 m.2. Micro$oft stated I either reinstall or pay for another upgrade for Windows 10 pro.

Not happening.

not going to spend a month reloading everything, day after day I have all the modules an it would take me a good month to get all the inputs rebound.

There are numerous ways around the Error code: (0x8007000d) before you go for a fresh install just repair windows 10 with the option to keep your files which will include drivers, system files etc. not just pictures of your cat then the update will be included with the installation, I have done this before that being said remember this is your choice.

Edited by freehand

I continue you to have the Steam VR crashes.  I am fully updated with Windows.  I will try a proper uninstall with Steam and WMR and see what happens.  As a side question observation, whilst using FPSVR I notice that my GP starts in a mission (any) with around 7.6Gb Vram being used.  It does not move much from that, is that normal?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

try rolling back the beta WMR for steam vr app 

The two latest Steam updates: SteamVR BETA and MWR for SteamVR BETA is flawed and causes crash to desk problems with a Steam VR critical error.

The solution is to opt out of BETA and go back to stable release on both.

Problem is reported to Steam through error report function and in the Steam forum.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hi, I unistalled both SteamVR and WMR for Steam, deleted folders in main steam folder and also in the App data folders (never done that previously).  I then ran a couple of missions whcih had previously crashed and they were as smooth as silk!  HOWEVER, I have been there before, so time will tell?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

To fix the 0x8007000d error... Go to Mixed Reality Settings in Windows and uninstall WMR. Update Windows and reinstall it.

Fixed the issue for me.

Apparently not a full uninstall of WMR is needed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/mr9g45/cumulative_win_10_update_broken_by_wmr_again/

• Disconnect HMD (you can unplug the power on the breakout box of the HP Reverb G2)

• Open administrative command prompt (right-click and run as administrator or type "cmd.exe" in your start menu and press ctrl+shift+enter)

• Run "dism /online /remove-capability /capabilityname:Analog.Holographic.Desktop~~~~0.0.1.0"

• Re-Run windows update, reboot and re-connect your HMD

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

10 hours ago, psychotik2k3 said:

what NVIDIA drivers version are you using ???

Hi,

I'm still on 466.11.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

ok anyway i've tried to roll back to 457.30 because a steam dev ask if i reproduce with it and bad luck same problem. another one tried too and unfortunately got the same problem.
just for info as the time to crash might be long depending on what you're doing, we found so far that using the F18 mission "Combat mission - Hornet 1989: Interdiction" crash in less than 10 minutes.

and you have the crash only if you enable the reprojection in the stem vr settings.

disabling it will get you rid of the steam vr crash but get you headaches because of all the stutters and ghost images.

I5-8600k @4.2 (for now), GTX2080 Aorus watercooled , 32 GB DDR4, MSI Z370 Pro Carbon, SSD 500GB + 960GB + 480GB +nvme, Oculus Rift S + Hp reverb pro, warthog + TRFP

Full home made wall PC Case Dark Side Of The Wall

:pilotfly:

On 5/10/2021 at 2:06 AM, Gruman said:

To fix the 0x8007000d error... Go to Mixed Reality Settings in Windows and uninstall WMR. Update Windows and reinstall it.

Fixed the issue for me.

Apparently not a full uninstall of WMR is needed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/mr9g45/cumulative_win_10_update_broken_by_wmr_again/

doesnt work, for me like I said the error is for imaging cloning from a NTFS HDD to a SSD. Windows put this in as a antipirate security procedure. you need to reinstall windows full on an SSD as NTFS to have a clear boot sector.

All I had to do on my end was opt out of the beta of Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR , DCS working great again.

Sounds like they are aware of it and working on it.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 5/7/2021 at 6:58 AM, Hartsblade said:

No need to shout, I'm just passing along info. My friend had the same issue last night with his G2 after the update. The above clean and install process worked for him and he was able to fly immediately after applying the clean and repair.

Good luck.

For the non tech savvy - how do you do this clean and repair??

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB