Mi-8 Multicrew Forewarning

Why don't we get Petrovich-type AI in the Hip so we won't need to switch between seats and to appease those against current implementation of multicrew? That way we won't need any new technology and can use Mi-24 Petrovich basis but make it specific for Mi-8 such as flare and radio options? Hell, even charge us $15 bucks for the multicrew update and I wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, BalticDude said:

Why don't we get Petrovich-type AI in the Hip so we won't need to switch between seats and to appease those against current implementation of multicrew? That way we won't need any new technology and can use Mi-24 Petrovich basis but make it specific for Mi-8 such as flare and radio options? Hell, even charge us $15 bucks for the multicrew update and I wouldn't mind.

Mi-8 Multi Crew is planned but not on a high rank on ED´s priority list due to multiple Projects with higher priority. I can imagine that we will hear something about it past the Chinook release (OB)

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
25 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

@BIGNEWY Any update on how the development of this is coming along ?

Currently it is lower priority, but progress has been made. I have no ETA at this time. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We're about 6 weeks away from the 10 year anniversary for this module, and multicrew was one of the announced features back then even (as coming "on a later date").
Here's me hoping that my favourite DCS helo will see some love this year 🙂 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

36 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

We're about 6 weeks away from the 10 year anniversary for this module, and multicrew was one of the announced features back then even (as coming "on a later date").
Here's me hoping that my favourite DCS helo will see some love this year 🙂 

Wow times flies, yes indeedy it was stated that multi crew would come later ............... later has been a very very very very long time coming

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone confirm which seats are available? The wording in the release notes makes it sound like we're getting the 3 cockpit seats AND a singular gunner seat, is this accurate? I'm guessing the side gunner with the Kord is at least available, is the rear door PKM/PKP spot usable?

1 hour ago, jubuttib said:

Can someone confirm which seats are available? The wording in the release notes makes it sound like we're getting the 3 cockpit seats AND a singular gunner seat, is this accurate? I'm guessing the side gunner with the Kord is at least available, is the rear door PKM/PKP spot usable?

The 3 cockpit seats and the left-side gunner are indeed the available seats (those are the only ones that was playable before the multicrew update, so it makes sense)

The rear door gunner is not playable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super excited that multicrew finally came out!   The other day a group of 4 of us were just cruising around, enjoying the view, flipping switches, trading on pilot flying, walking around the rear cargo cabin in VR etc.   But I noticed that in VR,  whenever I went in the back gunner seat, my position was in the middle of the cabin (next to where the slingload hatch would be).  Whereas my buddies on flat screen would get a position next to the front side door.   Is this a bug worth reporting, or is it some sort of VR limitation?   I guess I don't mind walking over to the side the door if need be lol.   Just need to clear the room so I dont fall on my face haha!

• 3 weeks later...

I could walk in my vr headset in the room and it would move me to the gunner, but I could not touch of move anything in vr. otherwise, I too was stuck in the middle of the cabin too.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR