Comms menu not loading

Leadnap

I've searched around on the forums and seen various reports of this but after the most recent open-beta update my comms menu will not load. I've mapped it to various keys (on multiple devices), nothing. When I open the binding menu pressing the key goes right to the binding but no matter what in every module I cannot use "\" (or any other binding) to bring the comms menu up. Easy communication is off (toggled that too). Completely removed everything but the vanilla OB game (or cleared out best I can tell). 

Also have noticed that missions are launching in pause and the briefing does not load. May or may not be related but that is the only other thing I've noticed out of place. 

dcs.log

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

Do you by any chance use Voice Attack or Vaicom add on, as I had the same issue ?

• Like 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

I have Voice Attack but not for DCS (was going to set that up next actually...). I wonder if there are hooks though? Might go digging around now looking for that. 

---

Ok one more idea, change the keystroke you are using, sometimes it is ‘/‘ ; this also caused me issues, so I changed it to ‘z’ and it worked, Vaicom is the issue as it takes over your menu’s, so if you don’t have this then it is most lightly another issue, I would also run a simple Openbeta Repair.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

I've rebound it dozens of ways and nothing did the trick. However - ED support helped out and here is what worked:

1) Rename the C:\Users\----\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder to Temp

2) Run the Repair utility

3) Relaunch DCS

Good idea though is to save your configs and bindings - you're going back to vanilla. I ran the repair tool multiple times and it didn't do anything but renaming the folder then doing so fixed the issue. 

• Thanks 1

---