Screenshots folder not being populating after upgrading to DCS World OB 2.7

WS

Per DCS, for finding screenshots go to:

"C:/users/your username/ saved games folder for the appropriate DCS installation. You will find the screenshots folder in there."

I go there and see screenshots I took prior to DCS OB 2.7, but none of the screenshots taken after installing DCS OB 2.7 are showing up there.

(NOTE:  The track files are still being populated after upgrading to DCS OB 2.7, just not the screenshots)

Thanks Pocket Kings, that did flush out some old screenshots I did not realize I had.

I just discovered that my recent screenshots are shown on the Steam page, to the right of the "PLAY" button for DCS World.

• 3 weeks later...

I do want to keep this issue open, so it can be fixed by DCS. (I.e., update the DCS documentation for how to access screenshots taken in DCS, (which is an important skill to communicate bugs to DCS).

Edited by WS
punctuation correction

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WS said:

Flappie -

I experimented and figured it out... I can get screenshots to accumulate at C:users/user name/saved games/screenshots

The F/A 18 keyboard control (as shown in the keyboard column of the DCS Controls page) for taking screenshots  is “SysRQ”, which for my Alienware keyboard is apparently the same as “PRT SCRN”

I programmed Voice Attack to take a screenshot using the "PRT SCRN" button and say “click” when  I say “screenshot”.

What threw me off was that Steam would not let me change their default of “F12” to “PRT SCRN”, but that is okay… I have a way to save DCS screenshots now,  works for me.

Edited by WS
corrected spelling

Flappie -

I am familiar with the Steam window you show.  Have you been able to change the "F12" Stream Screenshot shortcut key to "SysRQ" or "PRT SCRN" ?  I could not.  Please let me know if you could.

Here is my take, am I missing anything?

The  problem with Steam is it won't let a DCS User to change from F12 to “SysRQ, or “PRT SCRN”  (which is what DCS F/A 18 flight sim needs to take a screenshot).  I could change the Steam's "F12" to "P" for example, but not to "SysRQ" or "PRT SCRN". 

The keyboard command "F12" in DCS F/A18 triggers a view to be shown,  not a screenshot.

My workaround for Steam not being able to take DCS F/A 18 screenshots is to remove the "F12" in Steam field you show, and replace it with "NONE", and uncheck "Display a Notification" and uncheck "play a sound", so I can get DCS F/A flight sim screenshots on my hard drive using the "PRT SCRN" keyboard command.

Thanks...Will

Edited by WS

Steam doesn't seem to accept the SysRq/PrtScrn key, indeed. Anyway, you wouldn't want this, because both DCS and Steam would take screenshot everytime you hit the SysRq key! 😄

Your solution is good from DCS point of view. However you might need this Steam screenshot feature for other Steam games. Rather than letting "None" for Steam screenshots, you can replace "F12" with "Ctrl + F12" or "Shift + F12" or whatever key combination which is not used in DCS.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.