Expose APIs for F10 radio transmissions (Especially new Marianas ATC).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

With this post confirming work on ATC features: https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/10166982283080341

unknown.png

I am reiterating my hope that ED can de-couple the main ATC logic from the F10 user interface and provide mission scripting environment APIs so that we can implement alternative interfaces in both single and multiplayer environments.

Edited by rurounijones
typos
  • Like 2

I play online twice a week with a Swedish dcs community. We have our own atc and awacs, real dude working as air traffic control in real life. It's so awesome to talk to him during taxi takeoff, tasking and landings. 

Having something similar in dcs sorted by ai would be awesome. 

I absolutely hope we see this idea come to life. build it in so it doesn't become an issue down the line.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• 1 month later...

I support this request 100%. The in game menu system is old and clunky and needs to be totally revised. It is totally immersion breaking and vaicom made the game far more immersive and fluid with comms. If Hollywood could make vaicom on his own then surely ED can do it and since they have total access to their code they should be able to make something even better. 

• Like 1

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

+1

With the likely demise of VaicomPro and the surprising number of users searching for a fix to get it working again in 2.8, it's obvious that there is a real need for this functionality in DCS.  Disappointing that there been no ED response to @rurounijones request or engagement with the idea, so the more advocacy that community members make to encourage ED to opening-up the APIs the better.

Personally, VaicomPro was a real game-changer for DCS.  We need this functionality more than cloud eye-candy.

• Like 4