AV-8B VTOL

cashgrany

Hello everyone.
I have a very unpleasant problem with the harrier. When I do the training missions for the vertical take-off everything works perfectly.
But when I want to do it in the mission editor it was totally impossible for me the plane is content to move forward and not to take off vertically and this since I went to version 2.7.
Please some help.

Sadly, that's as intended and IRL, VTOs aren't common. Don't worry, even with a high load (28k+ lbs), the ground roll can be easily crunched under 2000 ft. But do train a lot of air refuel because it's common to take off with low fuel and take a sip up in the air. Or hope you're on a FARP close to the AO, which is another way the Harrier's intended to be deployed, but no MP mission designer of note seems to think of that.

Torun_signature.png

9 minutes ago, cashgrany said:

I will try I will come back immediately.

I tried at 18,000 and it worked. The odd thing is that it worked at 21,000 in version 2.5.6. In all this does not make a lot of weapons or gasoline. 😞

Normally you don't take off vertically... So you can take enough weapons and fuel with you. Because the Harrier CAN take off vertically does not mean, it has to 😉

About the weight limit, you might hear about this thing where you can perform a Rolling Vertical Landing which increases the weight limit to touch down with. You might then also think that if you can do this with a RVL, you can do a RVTO the same way...

No, you can't. The NFM-000 doesn't list any weight limit change under RVTO, it only says it's performable under same characteristics as Hover performance and it's actually used when the surface is unsuitable for a VTO. I also tried to perform an RVTO in DCS and I could barely take off with 22k lbs. So barely I almost hit the trees 2000 ft farther.

Edit: Weight limit with touchdown speed for reference for RVL off the NFM-0

image.png

Edited by Torun
Added the pic for reference

Torun_signature.png

Generally, the Harrier is referred to as a STOVL aircraft in use.

Short Take Off, Vertical Landing.

This represents its most common employment.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

RE-Hello everyone; I have another problem with the Harrier which I hope you can help me solve.
Here I can not move (aimed) with the TDC; so well with the Y; U; I; N keys or else with the little joystick on the warthog throttle.

it just doesn't move.

Please a little help.

Depends what do you want to move. TDC only works on the currently selected sensor. If you're trying to slew the DMT about when your active sensor is INS, nothing happens. Make sure to use the Sensor Select switch first.

Torun_signature.png