Radar problem - assistance please.

Beirut
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Hello,

I've got a problem with the radar and can't find the solution. I've watched videos and gone through part of Chuck's (Excellent!) guide but no luck. The problem is:

I get one sweep of the radar and then it stops. And it's driving me bonkers. :badmood:

I hit A/G, the radar is OPR, and I get one sweep. And if/when I switch between modes, MAP/GMT/SEA, I always get one sweep and then nothing. I change range, EXP, no matter what I do I get one sweep of the radar and then nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

25 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Hello,

I've got a problem with the radar and can't find the solution. I've watched videos and gone through part of Chuck's (Excellent!) guide but no luck. The problem is:

I get one sweep of the radar and then it stops. And it's driving me bonkers. :badmood:

I hit A/G, the radar is OPR, and I get one sweep. And if/when I switch between modes, MAP/GMT/SEA, I always get one sweep and then nothing. I change range, EXP, no matter what I do I get one sweep of the radar and then nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

It only happens in A/G modes?

46 minutes ago, Gripes323 said:

It only happens in A/G modes?

I never touch A2A. I just move mud. 

But as stated, I hit A/G, the radar is OPR, and I get one sweep - to the right and then back to the left - and then nothing at all. All I see is the grid on the MFD. I hit reset and I get one sweep. I change to MAP and I get one sweep, I change to SEA or GMT and I get one sweep. And I haven't seen this happen in any videos. In the videos they hit A/G and the radar just does it's thing. With me it stops after one sweep.

Now, it has happened that it stayed on and I got the bloody thing going back and forth, but very rarely and I have no idea why or how. 

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

Quick question (and yes it's related) do you have radar antenna elevation control mapped to buttons or an axis?

Hmmmmmmm... :dontgetit:

I'll check.

I raised and lowered the radar antennae elevation and it's still a single sweep affair. Actually, I got two at one point, not sure why.

This has got to be a wondrously bubbleheaded thing I either am or am not doing, but I just can't see what it might be. On the videos they hit A/G and the radar does it's thing. For me, in a fresh plane, air-start, out of the mission editor, I hit A/G right away and... one sweep.

Just to make it even weirder, when I have my FLIR on, and I make it the SOI, it instantly goes to max zoom and I cannot lower the magnification. No matter how I map the keys or which MFD I use, the radar gives me one sweep and the FLIR locks on max zoon as soon as it's SOI. And those are both (kind of) the same buttons on the MFD.

Could this be a corruption somewhere?

Edited by Beirut

You must have an axis bound to radar elevation that is slewing it to the limit. This also explains the TGP zoom issue. Check your axis bindings. 

• Thanks 2

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

13 hours ago, Beirut said:

Victory! :drinks_drunk:

You guys are the best. A big thank you. That was a super annoying problem.

You have to mark with "Solution" the post which gave you the answer, not your own, specially not like you did 🙂

Edited by mitja_bonca

3 hours ago, mitja_bonca said:

You have to mark with "Solution" the post which gave you the answer, not your own, specially not like you did 🙂

Well thank goodness you are here to administer justice and spankings for all.

I look forward to my next flagellation. :happy: