TAD white diamond?

I have never paid attention to this white diamond, but it appears to be related to the SPI broadcast of your wingman. From what I have observed it will show up briefly if he designates a new SPI location, and then be replaced a few seconds later by the two-tier wedding cake. Still unsure about it though, I haven't found anything about it in the manual either.

NZXT H510i | ASROCK B450 Pro-4 | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080Ti | 32GB G.Skill 3600 RAM | Western Digital SN750 NVME M.2 | MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34" | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | MFG Crosswind | NaturalPoint TrackIR 5

Module Icons New.png

3 hours ago, Foka said:

No, others SPI is 2-level "cake".

If the donor is on your net.  This is a non-net friendly SPI from perhaps a (AI) Viper or Eagle.  Probably an A2A target.

If you’re inside the 42nm rendering range, hook it and slave your TGP to it and you’ll see what it is.

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

It’s part of the SADL message package.  you receive it first as a set of linked coordinates, and its then identified by the system as a broadcasted SPI. When that happens, the symbol changes to the wedding cake symbol. 
The diamond symbol is only visible very short.

Edited by Stuka
  • Like 2

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

6 hours ago, Stuka said:

It’s part of the SADL message package.  you receive it first as a set of linked coordinates, and its then identified by the system as a broadcasted SPI. When that happens, the symbol changes to the wedding cake symbol. 
The diamond symbol is only visible very short.

That sounds possible, except it's not just there for a second and then changes to a mini SPI, sometimes the diamond symbol is visible for quite a while and it moves around.  When another aircraft broadcasts their SPI, I can see the mini SPI immediately, and it will be in a different location than where the white diamond was.