Voice Attack issue with F16 "Communication menu"

karpiyon

7 minutes ago, StarLiner said:

Unfortunately, whether you assign / or Ralt + / to a Voice Attack commands, there's a 50/50 chance the command won't execute properly and the comms menu won't pop up. I understand that Vaicom is meant to serve a complete, total replacement of the comms menu, but there's just too many edge cases where that isn't practical. For example, on Enigma's Cold War, I rely on the comms menu to use the text based Overlord Bot commands. Or to load troops, or find CSAR beacons. I have voice attack commands bound to all of these, but they tend to fail due to this Vaicom bug, which seems to be reported in quite a few threads.

I mapped the Options command to a button and that seems to work pretty well.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I've often found when using VAICOM that I need to use the \ key (or ALT-\ depending on module) twice to get a response. Have you tried that?

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals