Ai using laser guided weapons

Avalanche110

I have a question regarding AI aircraft and using Laser guided weapons.

For the longest time I have noticed that when AI Use LGB's the weapons do not track the target and miss by a significant margin.

I Assume that its because the AI aircraft are not using their laser designator.

My question is, 

Is their a way to get AI aircraft to emply LGB's successfully?

Is it possible to have another unit buddy lase targets for AI aircraft?

Any help is always appreciated

4 hours ago, Avalanche110 said:

...For the longest time I have noticed that when AI Use LGB's the weapons do not track the target and miss by a significant margin.

I Assume that its because the AI aircraft are not using their laser designator....

I don't see that. A LGB dropped by AI Hornet on a moving vehicle is tracking and hitting with no issue.

Buddy lasing doesn't work for AI aircraft - and more, the AI aircraft doesn't need to have a targeting pod or any laser source to successfully guide a LGB on a moving target. (example attached)

test-AI-LGB-moving-target.miz

Hello @toutenglisse

Thanks, I didnt know that it was working with the hornet.

I recall that LGB's were not working for AI (that was probably years ago know)

So I always gave them GPS guided munitions.

What prompted me to write the post was watching an F-14 repeatedly miss with LGB's.

I tried your test mission with an F-14 and the  LGB's do not track.

I tried a number of other AI aircraft and they all seem to work fine.

Thanks for pointing that out. I can go back and diversify some loadouts.

Sadly, the F-14's will have to stick to dumb bombs.

• 1 year later...
2021/5/9 PM7点10分,toutenglisse说:

I don't see that. A LGB dropped by AI Hornet on a moving vehicle is tracking and hitting with no issue.

Buddy lasing doesn't work for AI aircraft - and more, the AI aircraft doesn't need to have a targeting pod or any laser source to successfully guide a LGB on a moving target. (example attached)

test-AI-LGB-moving-target.miz 6.94KB · 18次下载

The issue has come back as of today. None of the LGB is hitting the target, no matter what plane it is.

no it doesnt work even equipped with tgp. I've tested it yesterday the whole night.

For now, if AI is not equipped with TGP, the LGB wont guide at all and is even worse than free fall bomb.

If TGP is equipped, they can very limitedly guide LGB, but the accuracy in terminal phase is way off, like 50m-100m off.

Based on my tests, f18 f16 a10 m2000 av8b  su30 are all affected and cannot guide LGB or laser guided rocket. The higher the altitude you are flying, the worse accuracy it gets.

The only aircraft that can successfully guide a LGB is su34 at the moment.

ED please look into it.

9 hours ago, Hymlee said:

no it doesnt work even equipped with tgp...ED please look into it.

You should create a thread, with short track showing issue in this section Weapon Bugs - ED Forums (dcs.world) if you see the same issue when you drop the LGB, or here AI Bugs (Non-Combined Arms) - ED Forums (dcs.world) if it concerns only AI.

I've tried with AI hornet/viper yesterday and with pod they were guiding LGB. I noticed the bomb falled a hair short at impact against moving armored vehicle, but still destroying it.