Getting prepared for the Hind - Hip or Black Shark?

sirrah

On 5/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, lmp said:

You didn't say it had a rangefinder. I wasn't trying to contradict you, but to expand on what you said. Employing unguided weapons will be easier in the Hind than it is in the Hip but the ability to estimate range which is pretty mandatory in the Hip to be effective will still be needed in the Hind in certain environments. I think this is a relevant bit of information to anyone deciding which of the existing helos to choose to prepare for the Hind release.

All good, no worries. Estimating range will be 'easier' in the Hind even in Manual mode due to the 'Moveable Sight Mark', abundance of manual input available etc.

I have attached a PDF that compiles some of the Info from the DCS Russian language forum with some Hind manual info for anyone interested in a heads-up on the pilot sight.

Pilot Sight ASP-17V.pdf

Edit: Also apologies - this is the part I was referring to when I mentioned 'auto ranging' - Seating method - the range is calculated automatically and continuously based on the radio height and pitch angle (D = h / sin (ϑ)).

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]