Proper Way to Uninstall and Deactivate Modules, before Re-Installing Again and Activating Them

Hi,

I screwed up my DCS openbeta system the other day, and have not been able to run the sim at all. What I want to do is completely uninstall the base DCS package and all my many modules consisting of scenery and aircraft.

Since I can no longer launch DCS, how do I deactivate all my modules to preserve my purchase before re-installing everything again?

Fortunately, I saved my DCS openbeta module located in the Saved Games Folder, where all my created missions and controller settings are located.

I know I can go to the Program and Files folder to uninstall from here, but are there other file folders or module locations I need to remove as well?

Bill Clark

Bill Clark

Win10, V-2004//I5-8600K 5.2GHz//Nvidia GTX 1080Ti//VRAM 11GB

RAM 32GB//2TB M2.NVMe//Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7//Corsair H115i

Flappie,

Thanks for the link, that takes care of the activation process.

Any hints on the best way to uninstall the entire DCS sim and its modules?

Bill Clark 

Bill Clark

13 minutes ago, Bingo41 said:

Any hints on the best way to uninstall the entire DCS sim and its modules?

DCS is one of the very few games that don't really need a full-reinstall to fix a problem. Problems can be located on three areas:

1) A Hardware, Windows or Driver problem. This type of problems won't be solved by a re-install of the game, as the cause is external to it.

2) DCS Program files. A problem on this area is fixed by running the DCS_Updater Repair utility, which will re-download only the corrupt or missing components and optionally delete any extraneous files that you might have placed there (usually by placing user Mods there).

3) Saved Games/DCS. A problem on this area es solved by renaming the DCS folder, say to DCS.bak ... then DCS will re-create a new DCS folder with default values, you can later on restore from the DCS.bak any item that you need (missions, liveries, your logbook, etc).

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel,

Suggestions 2 and 3 solved my problem.

Bill Clark

• Like 1

Bill Clark