VR Head Position

Crash *

Dear Heatblur Team.

There is no pilot's body yet, but until then I would think it would be great if the VR pilot's head position wasn't so terribly forward.

The upper front mirror would also have to be adjusted a little differently.

Is it possible to set this up for VR until the VR body is done?

Many Thanks!

• Like 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Looks fine to me comparing to F2 view and IRL pics of pilot position. Where would you want it instead?

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

@draconus and @Gunslinger22 I guess I thought the head should be against the headrest.  When I reset it for what I think "right" should be I notice that when I look up I am looking between the loops of the ejection handle.  Photos indeed show you both are right and the pilot sits forward, the handles would be slightly behind the pilots eyes if they look up without leaning back.

• Like 1

Heatblur themselves have commented earlier that the pilot's default head position is indeed lower than it was IRL, and that this was done on purpose for the sake of visibility. I always raise it though, and then save the new position to make it more accurate.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

7 hours ago, Spurts said:

@draconus and @Gunslinger22 I guess I thought the head should be against the headrest.  When I reset it for what I think "right" should be I notice that when I look up I am looking between the loops of the ejection handle.  Photos indeed show you both are right and the pilot sits forward, the handles would be slightly behind the pilots eyes if they look up without leaning back.

Where the parachute pack is + the gear they wear means you’re actually sitting off quite a bit where the headrest is, you need to lean back awkwardly to place it on the rest. 

• Thanks 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Sort of defeats the purpose of a headrest then, eh? 😜

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 7 months later...