L39 Cockpit out of proportion in VR?

jamespejam

Hi,

I was trying to find information about this and could not find anywhere, so please excuse me if the topic turns out not relevant.

I was really excited to get the L39, and during the free to play period I was finally able to test it, but one rather important aspect made me choose the Mig-15 instead; the cockpit and the gauges seems way too big in VR, the HSI seems to be as big as a my open hand, and I could not really feel like I was flying a small combat jet trainer.

I don't know if it was just a false impression and think it´s possible to change the scale of the cockpit by the user of if it would be a way too big task at this stage. But wanted to know if anyone else shares this opinion.

cheers.

Not sure if this will help you, but play around with the IPD setting under the VR tab. I find that this will change the scale of the cockpit. (IPD is probably a poor term for what this slider does)

While it makes sense to me that the instruments being larger in trainers for the sake of easy readability, one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the (older) modules in DCS were not developed with VR in mind, and as such the cockpit dimensions will indeed seem wrong.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

36 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

IPD have nothing to do with scale, it is distance between eyes and influence stereoscopic perception - depth.

IPD setting in DCS is scale contrary to what it actually means

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, Nickrs said:

Not sure if this will help you, but play around with the IPD setting under the VR tab. I find that this will change the scale of the cockpit. (IPD is probably a poor term for what this slider does)

Thank you very much mate. I´ve played around with the values, and from the original 0.65 it seems to me that with a 0.8 IPD the scale of the instruments looks more believable, even though the rest of the cockpit seems too tiny with that value, at least feeling wise the panel looks better.