Coordinated cat shot?

WelshZeCorgi

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.   However, you are supposed to make a clearing turn after launching.  Bow cat launches turn 20 degrees starboard then return to BRC.  Waist cats turn 20 degrees port then return to BRC.   These turns prevent collisions when there are simultaneous or near simutaneous launches from the bow and waist cats.  You cannot launch both bow or waist cats at the same time without a collision.  You can coordinate a simultaneous launch simply by timing the "salute" action with your wingman.  If this helps, great!  If not, perhaps ask your question with more details or in a slightly different manner. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WOPR said:

You can coordinate a simultaneous launch simply by timing the "salute" action with your wingman.

If what you're looking for is to be launched from one of the waist cats while another aircraft is being launched off the bow, this is probably the best way to do it. If it's an AI aircraft on the other cat, just watch the crew members in action, and you'll know when the other launch is about to happen.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

On 5/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, WelshZeCorgi said:

How does the RL carrier coordinate bow and waist cat shots, and could we get something that would allow us to coordinate cat shots?

IRL, the Bow and waist Shooters will coordinate with each other. It depends on what aircraft are where.  The E-2/C-2 and tankers are "normally" the first to go. You want the big birds out of the way. CATS 1/3, 2/4 is what you are looking for. Along with the standard CASE I clearing turn, it's a separation thing. If the E-2 is being launched from the waist, you wouldn't want a jet on CAT2 as the hot exhaust could flameout a turbo prop.

I hope that helped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!