DL Net Numbering

uther419

I have no idea how it is in the real hornet, but I know for link 16 DL the nets are labeled 0-126 for a total of 127 nets.

Currently the hornets DL nets are labeled 1-127.

I don't think that's accurate based on Link 16 standard being the common operating picture for aircraft, and materials I have read saying the net naming is 0-126. Further # 127 when set as net number should be turning the TDMA function off for the DL.

On a side note the Viper can do net 0 but it also gives 127, thus creating 128 nets, which is also not in line with the link 16 standard ( *Viper is correct, but #127 should turn the DL capability off*)

Cheers

Edited by uther419
spelling, edit to correct viper comment in asterix
  • Like 2

in that case if ED can confirm that 127 is TDMA off, this would explain some of the hornets issues when it comes to AWACS and flight DL information coming up.

If that TDMA is off, then the awacs would be the controlling station so the f18 is dependent on the awacs being present for DL, vs true link 16 does not need a constant host, it can adapt and heal.

• uther419 changed the title to DL Net Numbering

Amendment to my claim on TDMA, 127 should drop the time feature of TDMA and act as a scan of the channels but that needs to be manually input.

127 is the default for some radios.

If so I think their needs to be more guidance on basic DL config, especially with the radar adjustment. 

• ED Team

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about this, however we will be marking this correct as is, based on the information we have for our hornet already. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2