Switch covers for toggle switches

As requested @BIGNEWY

In designing a 'replica' bomb arming panel, I was thinking about ways to toggle the switch cover for the bomb arming switches using a real switch cover - I have a kind of solution but it got me thinking as in the P-51, if you press the 'Starter - on' mapped button, it opens the switch cover for you before you then press the starter button again. Can this be implemented in the P-47 please as it has a lot of switch covers? (gunsight/gun arming, compressibility flaps, bomb arming switches etc.) The gunsight arming switch guard is especially annoying when mapped personally.

I have attached a track which shows the compressibility flaps not working and also a short track of how the P-51 starter switch acts.

P-51.trkP-47.trk

Thanks!

• Like 1

• ED Team

Thanks for the report, I have requested the same behaviour as the P-51 regarding the covers

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good suggestion, but I don't expect this to happen very soon.

In the interim, I have created commands that combine the operation of switch and cover to a single binding.

When the contact of the bound switch on the controller closes, the cover opens and the switch goes to the ON position. When the contact opens, the switch goes to the OFF position and the cover closes. This requires addition of the following lines to the file "default.lua":

-- 2-position commands combined with cover Open/Closed
{down = device_commands.Button_3, up = device_commands.Button_3, pressed = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPONS, value_down = 1.0, value_pressed = -1.0 , value_up = 0.0, name = _('Gun Safety 2-Pos and Cover'), category = _('Weapons')},
{down = device_commands.Button_36, up = device_commands.Button_36, pressed = device_commands.Button_39, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROLS, value_down = 1.0, value_pressed = 1.0, value_up = 0.0 , name = _('Compressibilty Recovery Flaps 2-Pos and Cover'), category = {_('Flight Control'), _('Systems')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_11, up  = device_commands.Button_11, pressed  = device_commands.Button_13, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPONS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, value_pressed = 1.0, name = _('Left Wing Bomb Arm & Cover'), category = {_('Weapons'), _('Input.Generic.drop_ordinance_arming_panel')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_15, up = device_commands.Button_15, pressed = device_commands.Button_17, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPONS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, value_pressed = 1.0, name = _('Right Wing Bomb Arm & Cover'), category = {_('Weapons'), _('Input.Generic.drop_ordinance_arming_panel')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_19, up = device_commands.Button_19, pressed = device_commands.Button_21, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPONS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, value_pressed = 1.0,  name = _('Belly Bomb Arm & Cover'),  category = {_('Weapons'), _('Input.Generic.drop_ordinance_arming_panel')}},

I did this because I just don't have enough switches on my controllers to bind these covers separately.

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This is a fantastic tip! It just... it never crossed my mind to try and mix "up/down" with "pressed" in a single lua command.
So far I've been using "IGN/NORM/MOTOR" switches on my Warthog throttle base. They are (ON)-OFF-ON switches, so I used IGN for cover/uncover and I always wrote a proper "up/down" command for "NORM/MOTOR" to flip the very switch. It's quite nice, but the trouble is you only have two such switches and sometimes you need more.
Thanks a lot, LeCuvier! 🙂

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box