Mission 3

liojet

good afternoon

what a pitty !!!!

i'm stuck at the end of mission 3

performed ten times strikes and killed always by mig because impossible by radar to lock the target

as a former fighter pilot in french airforce mirage F1C in orange 1/5 2/5 and 3/5 im really frustrated hahaha

totally ready to welcome tips ......

by the way any chance to save the mission just before dogfight ?

lionel 58 years old

2 hours ago, liojet said:

good afternoon

what a pitty !!!!

i'm stuck at the end of mission 3

performed ten times strikes and killed always by mig because impossible by radar to lock the target

as a former fighter pilot in french airforce mirage F1C in orange 1/5 2/5 and 3/5 im really frustrated hahaha

totally ready to welcome tips ......

by the way any chance to save the mission just before dogfight ?

lionel 58 years old

Hi Lionel

Sorry no way to save progress within a mission.

Just tried it got lock no problem.

You know he is coming from the North. He will be at about angels 10. Make sure you are down at that sort of level to get good lock.  I use  normal radar and get good lock.  Can use ACM radar mode when close up. I then fly towards  him slightly low at speed and release a Aim 9X. He will also have released a missile at the same time. I use counter measures and some tight jinks to avoid this. If you do not get him then you are in a turning dog fight. Your ECM on up front  display will give good idea of his location. In dog fight you will have large advantage if you you use JHMC head display and 9X's almost 90 degrees.

Hope this helps

Badger633   

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

thks a lot badg

I just realized on my air to air radar the TDC works on the same time with radar elevation antenna then impossible to find targets when moving TDC because at each moves the altitude changes 

maybe a bug with the campaign ?

i double checked with training missions and other missions and the radar works fine

23 minutes ago, liojet said:

thks a lot badg

I just realized on my air to air radar the TDC works on the same time with radar elevation antenna then impossible to find targets when moving TDC because at each moves the altitude changes 

maybe a bug with the campaign ?

i double checked with training missions and other missions and the radar works fine

Hi

Cannot be a mission bug as a mission script does not control this aspect. If it was a bug it would be a DCS bug but sounds like a control set up. Check your control settings. Working all fine here?

Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

22 minutes ago, liojet said:

thks badg for your prompt answer

i will check and by the way your campaign is very interesting good job

Hope you enjoy.

Just issued the follow up campaign to ED. 'Rise of the Persian Lion' . This 9 months in the making and  follows Fords exploits when he and his wingman leave the Black Sea and head for the Gulf to the USS Abraham Lincoln.  15 missions and over a thousand voice overs.

Badger 633