Two things about ACM-LHAQ and the AIM-9X heat sensor

I've noticed that the AIM-9X's heat sensor has a hard time enslaving itself to the heat source until it's too close to have no options to escape. I have also noticed that the ACM and LHAQ mode with the helmet mode activated there are times that they do not block the target in visual, it happens randomly and it is seconds that in DCS are the difference between winning and losing. I'm the only one?

I'd have to know more to know if you're experiencing a bug or not. But it's worth pointing out that these things are unreliable in real life, and the AIM-9X can't pick up heat signatures that far away - it's a close-range missile and the heat signature of the target varies depending on a lot of things.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Sidewinder is a close range missile, not a BVR, in dogfight it won't be realiable on ranges over 2 nm.

Whole radar in Hornet is bugged, has troubles with locking target and with maintain lock on target, so this same goes with LHAQ mode.

• Like 1

I know it is a short range missile, I do not intend to use it in any other way and I am obviously referring to situations where the target is clearly within range and the sensor is not enslaved to its heat source. As close as looking at it with your eyes and differentiating its silhouette. This happens randomly and is more common with JHMCS.

• ED Team

We are having no issues here, please include a track replay showing the problem. 

Please remove any unofficial mods if you have any also. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi, 

the video gives no indication if the targets are in gimbal of the radar. 

We really need to see short track replay showing a potential problem so we can reproduce with the same circumstance. 

When we test with the target within radar gimbal all is ok for us. 

thank you.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, 

the video gives no indication if the targets are in gimbal of the radar. 

We really need to see short track replay showing a potential problem so we can reproduce with the same circumstance. 

When we test with the target within radar gimbal all is ok for us. 

thank you.
Actually the video does.
The HACQ circle would be flashing if he was looking outside of gimbal limits. Furthermore, the JHMCS tells us his current heading, and the bearing of his current LOS. Aircraft heading: 210°, LOS bearing: 156° the difference is 54°, so still within gimbal limits by the numbers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Here it is more evident. We are attempting to block a contact with LHAQ within effective range, less than forty nautical miles.

I have no mods installed and have recently performed a repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwfLnjYmz8

I'll wait to see if there are more people with this problem, I don't want to put the team to work for something that only fails me.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, La Unión Atazar said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4lpFg461Gs

Here you have, a situation where the AIM-9X sensor does not catch the heat source from the target within two nautical miles, close enough for its IRs to be directed towards us.

Hi, please check you IR COOL switch, you have it OFF state, dont know if it's finaly implemented in DCS FA18. It serves for COOL-down your IR sensors in AIM9's. just an idea of what could be causing it, I don't know if it will solve the problem.

IRL IR COOL switch in the off position will supply cooling with WoffW, master to arm,  and sidewinder selected. In the NORM position cooling is supplied with WoffW. And in ORIDE supplies cooling regardless of WonW or WoffW. 

As you can see, we looked for a solid block before launching the missile, but the infrared sensor is not enslaved to our target's heat source. This problem ruins our experience. We start from a healthy and clean operating system, without modifications or antivirus, with recent updates

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wkv9rm0d8GY

You need to uncage the seeker if you want it to track an acquired target.

Also even if implemented the IR COOL switch won't be applicable for AIM-9X because it has an internal cooling system that doesn't require aircraft support.

Edited by Hazardpro