Frame rate stepped drop to 1fps in multiplayer

Track file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R6G1EXkwIiyxy-BY4BlKHKsv9DRqgUO/view?usp=sharing

I was out last night with a couple of squadron buddies in multiplayer, with one of them hosting a dedicated server instance.

Part way through I swapped aircraft and saw a bit of a drop in performance.  A little while later, performance fell to pieces, resulting in 1fps.

I checked system usage, which showing the GPU and CPU taking it fairly easy, 30GB of RAM in use and VRAM maxed out at 8GB.

I have experienced it before, and I think that I was also in multiplayer.  Don't remember having similar kind of issues in single player.  My fellow squadron buddies reported no impact at their end, inferring that it wasn't the server.

Any ideas?

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Will do.  Do you think that it might be an issue?  

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently having serious issues with performance in VR, just upgraded to a rtx 3070 from a 1070ti and the fps is worse!!

I disabled tacview and it made no difference what so ever. But I've experienced similar to Sukebe's OP with horrendous fps drops that don't recover.

Same. no TacView though..

Joining a server with about a 16 ping rate, starts out fine (VR), with my usual 45+ FPS, then begins to progressively go down after about 20 minutes. I usually exit when it gets to about 12 FPS and completely unflyable.

Thanks. I don't see signs of struggle over CPU (it can be seen thanks to the sound engine which self-reports difficulties to render sound, but no such thing here).

I see you have a very large pagefile (45 GB) for a medium amount of RAM (16 GB). Do you know where your pagefile is stored? HDD or SSD? It should be stored on your fastest drive, which also needs to have a lot of free space available.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

OK. Please look into this folder : "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Scripts". You may not have it since it doesn't come with the base game. If you have it, chances are it has an Export.lua file. Please attach this file here.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.