Clean Install Procedure of NVidia Driver to improve DCS performance ...

Backy 51

Clean Install Procedure of NVidia Driver to improve DCS performance and potentially reduces errors.

- Run Geforce Experience

- Select Drivers tab

- On GeForce Game Ready Driver Version line left-click on the three vertical dots on the right side of the screen and select Reinstall driver

- Select CUSTOM INSTALLATION

- Say Yes to prompt

- Under installation Options check all desired components to install

- Check box for Perform a clean installation and click on INSTALL

- Allow install to finish and then reboot computer

- Delete FXO and Metashaders2 subfolder contents in your SAVED GAMES/DCS.openbeta folder

- Run DCS and allow FXO/Metashaders2 contents to repopulate

- Enjoy smoother gameplay and reduce errors!

PDF attached below for archive purposes ... enjoy!

NVidia Clean Install Procedure Tip.pdf

• Like 2

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 3th party app was made because in-house they had nothing on offer at that time.

And even now... no GE installed, no joy.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have no interest in GE so DDU will still be THE app to remove nVidia drivers.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!