Were the missions designed with the new clouds in mind?

I'm in mission 2, and they recommend attacking the SAM at high altitude (angles 25 or greater.)  However, there is about 75% cloud cover and despite some holes in the clouds, I have trouble getting into a good position to attack it with an LGB or Mavs.

Once we hit WP 7 or so, do we have time to loiter until we can find a good place to attack or is there a time limit?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pooter03 said:

I'm in mission 2, and they recommend attacking the SAM at high altitude (angles 25 or greater.)  However, there is about 75% cloud cover and despite some holes in the clouds, I have trouble getting into a good position to attack it with an LGB or Mavs.

Once we hit WP 7 or so, do we have time to loiter until we can find a good place to attack or is there a time limit?

Thanks for the purchase!  No, missions were created with old clouds and what you see currently is the automated preset that has ported across with 2.7.  All missions have been updated following 2.7 just waiting on ED to push the update out.  Generally won't cause too many problems while you're waiting but occasionally visibility isn't as originally intended.      

For mission 2 there's no time limit to complete so you can pick your spot to attack.  The clouds add a nice dynamic in this way, but some missions it complicates things more than intended.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChillNG said:

Thanks for the purchase!  No, missions were created with old clouds and what you see currently is the automated preset that has ported across with 2.7.  All missions have been updated following 2.7 just waiting on ED to push the update out.  Generally won't cause too many problems while you're waiting but occasionally visibility isn't as originally intended.      

For mission 2 there's no time limit to complete so you can pick your spot to attack.  The clouds add a nice dynamic in this way, but some missions it complicates things more than intended.

Thanks!  Loving it so far.  You also forced me to finally learn how to input and update waypoints, so that's a plus. 🙂  Do you think I should wait until the update comes out to experience it like you intended?

12 minutes ago, Pooter03 said:

Thanks!  Loving it so far.  You also forced me to finally learn how to input and update waypoints, so that's a plus. 🙂  Do you think I should wait until the update comes out to experience it like you intended?

Campaigns are great for learning...that's why I started making one lol!  I think most missions should be ok for now, there's a couple of moments where if you're high up you might not see the thing being pointed out but generally these are v short, fleeting moments - slightly frustrating but won't really detract from the overall mission.  Mission 14 is the only mission that is miles away from where it should be but hopefully the update will hit before you get there.

• Thanks 1

I should point out that for me in mission 3, the cloud cover is a low overcast, so it's a little incongruous when Davy and Mono start calling out explosions on the ground when it's a solid layer under us!  I fly in VR, not sure if that matters

2 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

I should point out that for me in mission 3, the cloud cover is a low overcast, so it's a little incongruous when Davy and Mono start calling out explosions on the ground when it's a solid layer under us!  I fly in VR, not sure if that matters

No VR makes no difference, this one's not supposed to be solid overcast, originally there were just a few balls of fluff here and there.  Agree it's a bit jarring that Davy and Mono can see things you can't.

• 1 year later...