Mission 2

Bagpipe

Has anybody flown this campaign recently.

I have in the past but this time around I keep getting wiped out by SAMs on mission 2 no matter what I do.

Seems they have become more accurate since the campaign was originally made.

May just have to abandon it 😞

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, I got the same issue. Actually, the mission flow is a bit confusing. After taking off and when on route to NDB 525, ground says enemy aircraft in the air and then pursue them though I could not see them at all and they are pretty far away so there is no way to catch up with those enemy Mig-19s. So the confusing part is should I keep going to NDB or follow them.. actually the only way to do it is to use F10-Map which is kind of cheating to me. In any way I got though I got hit by SAM. However, I did read that S75 can hit only above 3km high so I went low (below 1km) with 6th group and managed to fly close to Tbilisi airfields which are the mission goal. Although, the mission trigger did not work out so mission has not been accomplished.

I'm wondering if the mission needs to be update to a newer version of DCS or something.

• Like 1

i5-13600KF / RTX4080/ 32GB DDR4 3000 / Quest 2

FFBeast Flight-stick base with VKB MCG Ultimate + 200 mm extension, FFBeast Marksman-XX Rudder Pedals

• 2 months later...

Another problem I have found is that when I set the channel2, yes, the frequency changes to 130mhz, but I don't hear control, so a lot of orders and missing. If I change sometimes between channel1 and channel2 then sometimes I can hear control.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have restored the missing trigger but like Japo32, I haven´t communications on channel 2. Sometimes I get a message but very randomly.

Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

I may have found the error... Check the radio frequency on the TU95. it´s 130 and as you can see there is a conflict (cannot select this frequency on the plane). This is the reason why we do not listen the messages in channel 2.

Screen_220829_163935.png

Edited by Joe1978
  • Like 2

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

3 hours ago, Joe1978 said:

I may have found the error... Check the radio frequency on the TU95. it´s 130 and as you can see there is a conflict (cannot select this frequency on the plane). This is the reason why we do not listen the messages in channel 2.

Screen_220829_163935.png

I just discovered a similar issue with the refueling mission in Normandy for the M2000. The briefing tells you to use 144, which is out of the range you can use, both for the Mirage and the Viking tanker. 

Thanks! 👍🏻 

• Like 2

I'm glad I helped you 🙂 

I´m thinking how to fix this problem now:

The Tu92 radios cannot reach ranges below 220Mhz and the RSIU-4V has about 180Mhz max ¿?

I have replaced the T95 with the B29 MOD (let's imagine that it is a TU-4 that could fit the dates as well)

I need to check it this night... cross my fingers