Static Command Center - undead

Gierasimov

Hi @BIGNEWY

I just tested the claim that @TheTrooper made in another thread and it seems that Command Center static object in fact cannot be killed now.

I had the mission in the past where I was bombing Command Center and one other static bunker with 2000lbs bombs - that mission worked for me  in May 2020 fine, with static destruction based triggers and all. 

Now, in Wags' video about GBU-24 from December 2020 it is visible that the first Command Center was not destroyed after it was hit by GBU-24.

I was able to reproduce this toady in Syria map, track attached.

UNDEAD-CC.trk

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

16 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

...Command Center static object in fact cannot be killed now....

It has 10000 life pts. After the biggest explosion possible with editor (power set to 10000"units") it still has 3841 pts, and an other 6500 "units" explosion finally kills it (0 pts, destroyed model).

Several statics have big amount of life pts, but I think this one is the toughest.

Statics attributes here DCS-miscScripts/ObjectDB/Statics at master · mrSkortch/DCS-miscScripts · GitHub

CommCenter.jpg

Edited by toutenglisse
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

It has 10000 life pts. After the biggest explosion possible with editor (power set to 10000"units") it still has 3841 pts, and an other 6500 "units" explosion finally kills it (0 pts, destroyed model).

Several statics have big amount of life pts, but I think this one is the toughest.

Statics attributes here DCS-miscScripts/ObjectDB/Statics at master · mrSkortch/DCS-miscScripts · GitHub

CommCenter.jpg

From the player perspective this is obvious bug. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

18 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Yes. I have yet not tried to see what amount of points a GBU24 does remove, just for curiosoty, but not much compared to the 10000 points I fear

EDIT : a GBU24 deals 1173 pts of damage. It requires 8 and a half (9) bombs of this type to destroy the command center. Not as bad as I was thinking. Maybe no bug I don't have references about how resilient is this type of bunker against a 2000 lbs bomb ? But 9 bombs seem a hudge number.. I remember being able to destroy a command center with a 1000 lbs bomb (GBU10) in the past...

Edited by toutenglisse
in post

On 5/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, Gierasimov said:

Further testing I have found that Any hardened structure which has a green top on it (excuse names of objects) are also affected.

• Thanks 1

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

On 5/15/2021 at 9:58 PM, toutenglisse said:

Maybe no bug I don't have references about how resilient is this type of bunker against a 2000 lbs bomb ?

In the video from Wags, I linked, he specifically talks about the difference between GBU-10 and GBU-24, indicating that the latter has got penetrator warhead that "allows it to defeat targets like bunkers". Therefore implying that this weapon in DCS is meant to destroy bunkers.

Furthermore, although not specifically mentioned, a penetrator warhead would be BLU-109/B, which, depending on conditions can penetrate 1.8-2.4 meters of steel reinforced concrete.

This command center object we have in DCS does not look like anything close to high command underground bunker, nor does it look more resilient that bunkers and HAS objects in DCS Syria map for example, through which BLU-109 (GBU-24 or GBU-31) goes without any issues.

Considering all this, this is a bug.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I guess *bump* this thread. I've got one of the Command Center objects in a mission and have pounded it with the 2000 lb JDAM penetrator from the Viper multiple times, and no effect. Including playing with the fuse delay. The static Command Center doesn't even seem to have a hit point track when you view it in the F10 map. 

Edited by Bumblefox