HMAS Canberra (L02) WIP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NEW version available! 3.2

We present version 3.2 of our MOD, which adds the ships L02 Canberra and DDG39 Hobart, belonging to the Australian Navy. 

What does our MOD include?

- L61 Juan Carlos I.
- F100 Álvaro de Bazán frigates.
- Frigate F105 Cristobal Colon.
- L52 Castilla.
- L02 Canberra.
- DDG39 Hobart.
- 4 realistic skins of the Spanish Navy for Razbam's AV8b.

What's new?

* New Australian ships: L02 Canberra & Hobart
* Major performance improvements.
* New weaponry on the L61. Recently added in the real world.
* Bug fixes.

Download link: https://www.desdemicabina.com/Inicio/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgyw3-xi-Lk&list=UUV7Fh7G1IcU2f8jGV6I1CEw&index=2

Edited by desdemicabina-simulation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your excellent Mods.

They are very realistic and add superb ships to our armadas.

I have recently observed three glitches concerning the L02 Canberra (I suppose it is the same for the L61 Juan Carlos ship), when using the default AV-8B AI aircraft :

- the aft central parking spot is a bit too far aft, so the AV-8B stands half above the aft platform below, with a wheel suspended in the air (see screenshot below)

- when loaded, the AI aircraft also land much too far aft behind the ship, with visible tyre smoke as if the flight deck extended in the air behind, instead of landing on the model flight deck : then, they go through the hangar door without damage, and afterwards, they reappear up on the existing flight deck rolling normally to their parking spot (screenshots below). In this landing example, the aircraft load is 2 Sidewinder missiles, plus two 300 gallons fuel tanks.

- using this same loadout, sadly, the aircraft cannot take-off from the assigned default take-off position at the foot of the tremplin, because it has not enough roll distance to accelerate to a consistent take-off speed. It just rolls up the tremplin and ditches into the sea. Would it be possible to define the default take-off roll starting position near the back end of the flight deck ?

I guess all these points have to do with the runways and parking spots lua files.

Could you check these points, please ?

Thanks in advance, and congrats for your excellent Mods,

Toan

Screen_9.jpg

Screen_210704_1.jpg

Screen_22.jpg

Screen_6.jpg

Screen_2.jpg

Screen_3.jpg

Screen_4.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Guys, thanks so much for the amazing mods of these ships. As an Australian love making task groups from these.  Couple of questions;

1. Will the Canberra class get decals for L01 Adelaide

2 will the Hobart class get decals for D42 Sydney and D41 Brisbane

Bugs;

1. AI controlled Helicopters seem to land rear of the landing deck of the Hobart class with their rear wheel hang off.  Happens with SH60.

2. Not sure if its your end or the F35 mod teams end but when landing on the Canberra class F35b tend to land well short of the LHD and splash down into the water.  I'll also post on their board as well.

Cheers and thankyou so much for all the fun I have had with these

Skarlinger

20220403141704_1.jpg

20220403143124_1.jpg

20220403143107_1.jpg

20220403143121_1.jpg

20220403143117_1.jpg

Edited by Skarlinger

21 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

@Skarlinger regarding your bug 1, I faced same issue. I edited the ship's lua and changed the landing point a bit forward and then all works fine.

@Arrow11 I'm guessing this is the bit you changed,

GT.Landing_Point = {-62.539, 3.809, 0.0}

what specifically did you change it too if you dont mind me asking??

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, ronaldoks7 said:

The link to the download seems like it no longer works...

Seems so, their website is gone and their last forum post is from 10 months ago .. sad, I loved their Mod and even donated 10 euros when I first downloaded it. However I understand that author's circumstances change .. single peple gets married, job changes occur, new children are born, even people can die, like happened with one of the authors of the A-4E Mod .. life is this way  😞

4 hours ago, ronaldoks7 said:

anyone could perhaps hook me up with a new link? 

Here, have a link to my stash .. I will remove the link if their website cames up again or if the mod author reaches me asking for removal:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ifUyC778YBggTB4hBw?e=cncjhT

Edit: Just tested it and seems to work fine on latest DCS 2.8 MT:

jceISM0.jpg

Cheers,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

Turkey has just taken delivery of one of these. I think they are buying (or building) 2. 

Yes, the TCG Anadolu entered service last month. The 2nd unit, TCG Trakya, is planned but not yet confirmed. They will operate the F-35B.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB