Adjust visual location of HMCS

If I look 90 degrees right (Track IR) the HMCS center is pretty off to the limit of my left eye view rather than approximately centered in my field of view.  Any way to adjust that as it is quite a strain or is this something I need to play with in TrackIR ?

Hi Stoop,

You’ll have to adjust your TrackIR settings in a way that the HMCS cross stays in the middle of your sight. Basically this means that you have to narrow the view curves.

I use a 38” curved screen and had to adjust it a lot, however the sensitivity of head movements is very high and it takes some time to get used to it but you can get a perfect result with the cross in the middle even when you look to your six. 

cheers 

Animal

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

Not really.  You can Adjust your TrackIR curves for more sensitivity in yaw. But you sacrifice precision. 

I have the same problem, the HMIT and Ka50s HMS.  It feels so weird side-eyeing the target and trying to nod the reticle around.

If you nose down (below HUD) and recenter TrackIR (f12) It will help put the Reticle on the horizon (not below it).  So, at least you can be more accurate horizontally 

Here you see Track IR, bottom left (the red line)  my head is turned 15 degrees, on the right, in game the head is turned 25 degrees.  

image.png

here you see ive changed the setting.. My head is still turned 15 degrees..  But in game my head is now 90 degrees (not 25 anymore)

to look 90 degrees in game, i only have to turn my head 15 degrees.

image.png 

Dont sweat it, its takes a little time and effort to get a good compromise with TrackIR.  

Edited by Bartacomus
error

• 1 month later...