My view Today

Phantom88

2 minutes ago, JayOneFox3 said:

always wondered is that an explosive gate in waters edge? thought i heard that somewhere?

I would Kinda doubt it...lots of pleasure craft near by....SH-60 Choppers are constantly doing passes overhead 

Patrick

mini.gif

1 hour ago, RaisedByWolves said:

USS Anchorage appears to be pulling into port.

Yes!! You must be right...don’t know why I thought there was another entrance south of the bay...The blue dot is my current location 

C7A553C1-3044-4C57-BF29-CA6776A78D3A.jpeg

• Like 1

Patrick

mini.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 4:52 PM, Phantom88 said:

CVN 70 Carl Vinson and CVN 72 Abraham Lincoln docked while USS Anchorage puts out to sea.SanDiego California 

FF5D22AD-4B8E-4322-9E7B-0803062FC682.jpeg

The last time I saw Cell Block 70 we were both home ported in Alameda.  Been a little while.  The Enterprise was ported in Alameda as well in those days. 

In classic California fashion I overheard someone say they would never permit a nuclear anything in San Francisco bay.  Well...Enterprise: 8 reactors.  Vinson: 2.  California: 2.  Arkansas: 2 (all of those were visible).  San Francisco (not visible): 1.  Let's not talk about the sub base in Vallejo, or all the purple meanies that might or might not be on board any or all of those aforementioned vessels, including the boomers...

Last time I was in San Diego was boot/beep at NTC before reporting to Great Mistakes for A school.

• Like 2