DCS Controls Assignments Different for EVERY Aircraft ? When are you going to Fix it ?

HI DCS. I have brought this up before but now its 2021 ! I am TRYING to setup my Stream Deck  for Spit,K4,Il 16,Dora,P51, P47 ! What a Nightmare !

Altimeter Up and Down= Different Keystrokes for Each. Gunsight, Compass HDG and So Many more . COULD you PLEASE THINK about Unifying YOUR Modules to A SET of GIVEN KEYSTROKES ? I Know, not All keys Apply to each Aircraft and there will be Disruptions to DCS Players Controls Bindings that will make them Unhappy . Can You PLEASE Patch this 2014 Controls Menu to 2021 ? 

• Like 1

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

I'm with you there. I asked this already a few times, no joy up until now.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Have a hierarchy of control sets? Sure. Set your defaults across all modules and override settings per vehicle if you wish.

Force uniformity of controls across all modules? Hell no. Having the ability to match controller settings to each vehicle's actual controls is something I value.

@jym: I think you're missing the point. Read again what jaydee wants. He wants the "same keystroke" for the "same function" across various aircraft. You still have the ability to match your controller settings to each vehicle actual controls. That will no change. What we want is the "same" control input (keyboard) for the "same" function, as a standard.

Example (not matching reality but just as an example):

Aircraft 1: Toggle_Gear: "G"

Aircraft 2: Toggle_Gear: "T"

Why the difference in keystroke for the same function on both aircraft?

(on some aircraft the name change to Gear_Toggle instead of Toggle_Gear, only ED knows why)

If they would match, it would make creating profiles across various aircraft a lot simpler.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

13 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

@jym: I think you're missing the point. Read again what jaydee wants. He wants the "same keystroke" for the "same function" across various aircraft. You still have the ability to match your controller settings to each vehicle actual controls. That will no change. What we want is the "same" control input (keyboard) for the "same" function, as a standard.

Example (not matching reality but just as an example):

Aircraft 1: Toggle_Gear: "G"

Aircraft 2: Toggle_Gear: "T"

Why the difference in keystroke for the same function on both aircraft?

(on some aircraft the name change to Gear_Toggle instead of Toggle_Gear, only ED knows why)

If they would match, it would make creating profiles across various aircraft a lot simpler.

Thank you Lange. You have worded it Better than me...How Hard would it be for DCS to make "Gunsight Range" (as an example) the Same keystroke for Ever DCS Aircraft that it Applies to ? ~S~

13 hours ago, KTFBGB said:

Go in and change all keyboard commands to match then. Save each one. Then If an update screws up the binds, you just reload the saved profile. 

Yes, Cant see the wood from the Trees !

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal.