Mi-24p Armament

BIGNEWY

10 hours ago, Papa_bear said:

is there are plans to introduce UPK-23 ppods to mil 24P? from what i'v seen and red UPK-23 pods where used to be used on hind

No. From dev FAQ: they're basically nonexistent in Russian Mi-24P models and are only used by export Mi-35P users.

On 7/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Papa_bear said:

is there are plans to introduce UPK-23 ppods to mil 24P? from what i'v seen and red UPK-23 pods where used to be used on hind

You've seen UPK-23 pods on non P variants such as Mi-24D, Mi-24V, various export variants and those had innacurate 12,7mm gattling cannon which was good for infantry suppression and against soft targets, maybe some armor - so for those variants UPK-23 pod was introduced. Since Mi-24P already has way more powerful and accurate 30 mm cannon it simply did not justify for Russians to use them in tie with 30mm cannon.

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have new variant with gsh23 in turret and still bought upk-23s. And even stranger, pods dont work together with main gun at the same time. I guess some operators like more dakka.  Since P has 30mm then guv pods dont make sense either.

Edited by Apok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys !

How to select to the S-13 pods to work ? Im already familiar with the weapon system, i know how to fire the S-24s (whooaa man those are brutal) the UB-32 and the B-8 pods, but the S-13 pods wont work for me until now.

Are there any extra switches or buttons for them to get them working ? Tried to select them the way so the "ROCKETS" lamp was highlighted...

Thanx !

Are you sure you're carrying a "legal" loadout? IE, they probably won't work if you're also carrying other rocket pod types, maybe the gun pods. Should work just fine with Shturm or if the only weapon mounted!

8 hours ago, unipus said:

Are you sure you're carrying a "legal" loadout? IE, they probably won't work if you're also carrying other rocket pod types, maybe the gun pods. Should work just fine with Shturm or if the only weapon mounted!

Okay thanks i got it now. So we can't use two different rocket pods at the same time right ?

Hi everybody, last week i am trying to get a good skill in guided missiles. I have made the same loadout that in the image, take off, ask for weapons ready, select a target propossed by Petrovich and the 4 first launchs works fine. Make a tone when aligned and i grant the launch and target is destroyed (4 missiles works fine).

My problem is with the next 4 missiles, that are same type the last ones. No tone appears to sound and i am not able to give Petrovich order to fire. I deselect target before a thight turn and then select a target, but only works for me in the first 4 missiles...Its looks like a i need to change the active pilon to the next 4 missiles but i am looking for more info and i havent found anything about this

Thanks In advance!

En 15/5/2021 a las 15:57, BIGNEWY dijo:

1412348091_24_.thumb.png.2da89fc1cc0d774edbd1eee32e83d9b6.png

14 hours ago, DuRiN said:

Hi everybody, last week i am trying to get a good skill in guided missiles. I have made the same loadout that in the image, take off, ask for weapons ready, select a target propossed by Petrovich and the 4 first launchs works fine. Make a tone when aligned and i grant the launch and target is destroyed (4 missiles works fine).

My problem is with the next 4 missiles, that are same type the last ones. No tone appears to sound and i am not able to give Petrovich order to fire. I deselect target before a thight turn and then select a target, but only works for me in the first 4 missiles...Its looks like a i need to change the active pilon to the next 4 missiles but i am looking for more info and i havent found anything about this

Thanks In advance!

I'm having exact same issue, the inside ATGM's inner pylon will not lock or fire.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:55 AM, Hungaromaus said:

Okay thanks i got it now. So we can't use two different rocket pods at the same time right ?

Different caliber I don't think so.  Different type?  Sure.  I very often put he/frag for one side and AP for the other side for example

I was about to type “That’s surprising since KOM and OFP2 have different ballistic profile. If you switch sides do you notice the sight jump a bit? I wonder what it would do when set to both sides. 

I couldn’t imagine the game has OFP2 and KOM set to Same ballistics, their own charts for manual sight tables in the Russian quick start guide have a ballistic difference between KOM and OFP2. The OFP is 48%  heavier, but said to also have a more powerful rocket. In the ballistic tables in quick start guide(Russian) they’re set to a greater amount of sight depression, or less flat trajectory. Interestingly enough the S-8OFP2 also seems to generate some spin by rifled vanes in the rocket exhaust and smaller less draggy fins, though I’m sure that’s not modeled in DCS.”

But upon looking at said ballistic table it only mentions S-8OF, and has same ballistics as KO/M models. Which makes me think it might actually mean O model. 

funny enough the OFP2 is not an in service rocket but a 2006 prototype that turned into the in service rocket OFP or OFP B in 2014 and tested in Syria in 2016. In pretty sure that rocket has been there since Black Shark, and is a legacy of ED’s less hardcore sim days of more speculative prototype systems, given the lack of ballistic tables, the fact that both variants work together, and it’s speculative prototype nature, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually just modeled as a KOM with a different warhead and 3D model in game. 

funny enough OFP2 requires a different ballistic preset in Black Shark, but I don’t know if that’s a realistic procedure that’s part of the game(with ballistics staying the same in game) or actual ballistic difference in game. 

weird weird weird 

EDIT: patch 1.01c that introduced OFP2 mentions the rocket burns longer. Going to have to find that one person with the LUA files on GitHub to figure this out 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Found LUA files, they have same drag coefficient, same rocket motor impulse(180 in kn?), fuel mass(3.7kg), and burn time(1.55 seconds), except for weight difference I don’t know what would cause a ballistic difference, or how much the SFM of these old rockets even takes weight into consideration 

if anyone else wants to check here they are search C-8 and C-8OFP2 https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine/tree/master/_G/weapons_table/weapons/nurs

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
Am 29.7.2021 um 12:56 schrieb DuRiN:

Thanks In advance!

Am 30.7.2021 um 03:16 schrieb 71st_Mastiff:

I'm having exact same issue, the inside ATGM's inner pylon will not lock or fire.

I had the same issue. 

Try to change your avionics language to "native". 

Works for me fine and I can use all 8 ATGMs and it also fixed the bug with KMGU or bombs in cold start.

• Thanks 1

3 часа назад, T0x1s сказал:

Thats nice! How are they against infantry? Remember needing direct hits with AP which was quite hard to do

3 часа назад, T0x1s сказал:

Thats nice! How are they against infantry? Remember needing direct hits with AP which was quite hard to do

Excellent weapon and the best helicopter cannon to date. Flat trajectory low dispersion and effective at least at 1.5 km. 2km if you re better. High rate if fire increases chance to hit. 

HE ammo kills infantry with close hits.3 or 5 m. Don't need a direct one. Splash isn't huge though so you need to sim and spend ammo to see effect. Especially from range where you can't see troopers well. Maybe ammo load us a bit low. 

Excellent attack helicopter especially good suited to use rockets and gun. Best of the best. The new cannon feels like a universal tool the Swiss knife. 

Edited by Sobakopes