Mi-24p Armament

BIGNEWY

8 minutes ago, Apok said:

Yes, but can radio transmitter work with more then one missile?

thats indeed the issue. the transmitter would have to be able to distinguish between the multiple missiles that are in flight and give individual steering commands.

Thats techincally possible but very unlikely in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, foxbat155 said:

One missile in the same time per helicopter, up to 10 helicopters attacking one target in the same time.

Where does the number 10 come from? Do the missiles have 10 preset IDs with which the launch aircraft can distinguish their own missile from another helicopter's?

And do you have a source for that information?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kerberos said:

Where does the number 10 come from? Do the missiles have 10 preset IDs with which the launch aircraft can distinguish their own missile from another helicopter's?

And do you have a source for that information?

Raduga-Sh radio guidance system have 10 available radio frequencies, so 10 helicopters is able attack one target or group of close targets without risk of mutual interference of fired missiles. Those frequencies need to be select before fire of course, i'm not sure here, but probably on the ground before take-off.

Edited by foxbat155
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Kerberos said:

thats indeed the issue. the transmitter would have to be able to distinguish between the multiple missiles that are in flight and give individual steering commands.

Thats techincally possible but very unlikely in my opinion.

The transmitter is not the problem here as much as the IR missile tracking unit which I'd presume simply tracks some sort of an IR torch on the back of the missile to determine the offset of the missile from the sight line so the guidance correction commands can be generated.

A few issues come to mind in the context of supporting multiple missiles, one of which might be that when the missiles are brought roughly to the line of sight towards the target, they would block/overlap each other out from the tracking unit.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 2

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

2 hours ago, foxbat155 said:

Raduga-Sh radio guidance system have 10 available radio frequencies, so 10 helicopters is able attack one target or group of close targets without risk of mutual interference of fired missiles. Those frequencies need to be select before fire of course, i'm not sure here, but probably on the ground before take-off.

Thx for the information!

19.05.2021 в 23:50, foxbat155 сказал:

Raduga-Sh radio guidance system have 10 available radio frequencies…

Available 5 carrier frequency letters & 2 codes (sequences) of the IR light signal (5 × 2 = 10).

Carrier frequency letters are tuned by mechanical switching on the ground.

Codes (sequences) of the IR light signal can be switched from the operator's cockpit. To the right of the Shturm-V ATGW guidance unit there is a ShTV-91 (ШТВ-91) control and display unit (with a red button). In the upper right corner of this unit there is a splint-pinned code switch "КОД 1 – КОД 2".

16.05.2021 в 22:35, S.E.Bulba сказал:

hind1014.jpg

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

Доступно 5 литер рабочей частоты и 2 кода (последовательности) сигнала ИК-источника (5 × 2 = 10).

Литеры рабочей частоты настраиваются механическим переключением на земле.

Коды (последовательности) сигнала ИК-источника можно переключать из кабины оператора. Правее прибора наведения ПТРК «Штурм-В» имеется блок управления и индикации ШТВ-91 (с красной кнопкой). В правом верхнем углу этого блока находится зашплинтованный переключатель кодов «КОД 1 – КОД 2».

Edited by S.E.Bulba
UPD.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Regarding R-60 against ground targets. United States actually developed AGM-87 Focus for this purpose.

The idea was to retain the IR seeker of the AIM-9 and use it during night attacks on trucks, campfires and other targets with IR signature against a cool background. It was tested successfully in Vietnam but was dropped in favour of other weapons.  

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, S.E.Bulba said:

Available 5 carrier frequency letters + 2 codes (sequences) of the modulating signal (5 × 2 = 10).

Carrier frequency letters are tuned by mechanical switching on the ground.

Codes (sequences) of the modulating signal can be switched from the operator's cockpit. To the right of the Shturm-V ATGW guidance unit there is a ShTV-91 (ШТВ-91) control and display unit (with a red button). In the upper right corner of this unit there is a splint-pinned code switch "КОД 1 – КОД 2".

Hide contents

Original in Russian

Доступно 5 литер рабочей частоты + 2 кода (последовательности) модулирующего сигнала (5 × 2 = 10).

Литеры рабочей частоты настраиваются механическим переключением на земле.

Коды (последовательности) модулирующего сигнала можно переключать из кабины оператора. Правее прибора наведения ПТРК «Штурм-В» имеется блок управления и индикации ШТВ-91 (с красной кнопкой). В правом верхнем углу этого блока находится зашплинтованный переключатель кодов «КОД 1 – КОД 2».

I wonder if this will be implemented.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 часа назад, Northstar98 сказал:

IMHO, hardly. These are essentially useless functions in a computer game… about as useless as a transponder or setting the SACLOS laser-beam riding to the temperature of the powder charge of the ATGM propulsion system in the DCS: Black Shark. Due to the lack of the corresponding physical processes as such in the DCS World.

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

ИМХО, вряд ли. Это по сути бесполезные функции в компьютерной игре… примерно такие же бесполезные, как транспондер или настройка лазерно-лучевого SACLOS на температуру порохового заряда двигательной установки ПТУР в DCS: Black Shark. По причине отсутствия в DCS World соответствующих физических процессов как таковых.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

5 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Well, even 2 Mi24 can create problems then for each other if they select same freq and code. Would be interesting if we get this. R2US irc had to be paired with plane radar so other planes dont interfere with guidance irl.  But we dont have that in DCS.

Edited by Apok
  • Like 1

None of the gun pods we had on the Shark...UPK23 I think they were?  

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

4 hours ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

None of the gun pods we had on the Shark...UPK23 I think they were?  

I think they wanted to do a domestic variant, which AFAIK don't use the UPK-23-250. Export variants do though.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Apok said:

No S24s either?

From the top of my head, stuff confirmed so far:

(already at early access):

- Shturm ATGM, up to 8

- S-5 (32 per pod), S-8 (20), S-13 (5), S-24 (single per pylon)

- Free fall bombs (possibly also cluster bombs) of 100-250-500 kg varieties.

- GUV-8700 gunpods in two varieties: first with a single 30mm automatic grenade launcher, the other has 2x 4 barrel 7.62 and 1x 4 barrel 12.7mm gatlings per pod.

(later post release):

- Ataka, essentially improved Shturms with larger warhead and longer range

- R-60M air to air missiles

- Kord machine gunner in cargo cabin.

Edit: forgot about KMGU cluster munition dispensers, which I think will be available already initially.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It seems that they also assume every weapon is listed in the default preset load outs.  Just because it isn't in the picture doesn't mean it isn't available. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

2 hours ago, Speedy4GT said:

Do we know if there will be gunpods that can be mounted on the pylons?

@Speedy4GT Yeah, if you aren't familiar with the Russian gun pods, the GUV_1_GUN shown in the screenshot in the first post is a gun pod.  It has 2x 7.62mm  guns, with a single 12.7mm (basically 50 cal.) gun in the middle.  The GUV_1_AP30 is a variant of this pod that launches 30mm grenades instead (correct me if I'm wrong, this is second hand knowledge).

In fact, someone already posted this about 3 messages before yours, whoops    : P

Edited by [TF-108] Aero

10 hours ago, [TF-108] Aero said:

@Speedy4GT Yeah, if you aren't familiar with the Russian gun pods, the GUV_1_GUN shown in the screenshot in the first post is a gun pod.  It has 2x 7.62mm  guns, with a single 12.7mm (basically 50 cal.) gun in the middle.  The GUV_1_AP30 is a variant of this pod that launches 30mm grenades instead (correct me if I'm wrong, this is second hand knowledge).

In fact, someone already posted this about 3 messages before yours, whoops    : P

apologies haha i did not see the message posted by the other user but thank you for the confirmation as i am not very familiar with the Russian armaments just yet! 😄

• Like 1