Scripts folder being created on C: drive

Quekel

Yes, it's been noted before. I consider it a VAICOM bug. Hope Hollywood takes care of it some day.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Geeman Sizzler said:

I have also just noted this discrepancy.

I assume I need to copy these folders quoted above sitting on my c drive into

C Users UserName Saved Games DCS Scripts

and

C Users UserName Saved Games DCS.openbeta Scripts

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks

No you do not need to do that. Those files are copied by VAICOM into the DCS main directory structure (not Saved Games). If you check you will find that they are already there and you don't need to do anything. Apparently these copies are created at the same time as the ones in the DCS directories. It isn't clear why.

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

9 hours ago, sthompson said:

No you do not need to do that. Those files are copied by VAICOM into the DCS main directory structure (not Saved Games). If you check you will find that they are already there and you don't need to do anything. Apparently these copies are created at the same time as the ones in the DCS directories. It isn't clear why.

then it should be safe to delete these, right?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TOViper said:

Yup, but its written new once every startup of VAICOM

It does this if it can't find the install for DCS.
If you run Voiceattack, then LCtrl+Alt+C then go to the config tab, 'Use Custom DCS Path' and click SET you can point it to your DCS folder or DCS OpenBeta folder
It will then put those files into X:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit
null
I hope this helps

image.png

36 minutes ago, LiamK8 said:

I hope this helps

Hi LiamK8! Thanks for offering your help despite not needed. Had no bigger problems so far, despite having some with the Viggen.
Anyway, your work-around doesn't work, I set everything corretly but the folders are still created once every startup of VAICOM 😄
Software is bugged I guess.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

1 hour ago, LiamK8 said:

It does this if it can't find the install for DCS.

Not true. It does it even if it can find the DCS folders. So there is no point in deleting the "scripts" folder in the root drive. It's just going to come back next time you start VAICOM PRO.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
42 minutes ago, PeneCruz said:

This usually indicates Vaicom is pointing to the C:/ root directory instead of C:/program files/Eagle dynamics/dcs (or dcsworld.openbeta)

I don't understand this comment. What do you mean by "pointing?" To be clear, I have this issue but VoiceAttack starts in its own folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack" It isn't clear to me how a VA plugin "points" to anything.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:01 PM, Dunska said:

This appears to still be a thing.  Anyone been able to stop it creating the Scripts folder on C drive?

The only way I've found to stop it is to disable the VAICOMPRO kneeboard, then restart VoiceAttack.