Wrong pylon for LAU 118/AGM 88

Just wanted to report that the pylon used for loading a LAU 118 launcher rail used for AGM 88's on stations 4 and 6 should be a MAU 12 weapons pylon and not a wing fuel tank pylon.  No hurry, I know you guys have a full plate right now.  Thanks.

• Like 1

i7 12700K,   RTX 4090,  MSI Z690 Carbon WiFi,  32GB x 2  DDR5 5200Mhz Ram,   Windows 11,    DCS Stand alone,   OpenXR Toolkit,   Pimax Crystal,   Thrustmaster Viper Stick with RealSimulator  FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra Base,    Winwing Orion 2 10th Anniversary with F-16EX Throttle Grip,    Virpil ACE Interceptor Pedals

Here's the LAU 118 launcher and AGM 88 loaded improperly on an external wing tank pylon.

Screen_210516_150615.png

Here's the external wing tank pylon properly loaded with a wing tank.

Screen_210516_150716.png

Edited by Swamp Fox Loader
wording
  • Like 1

i7 12700K,   RTX 4090,  MSI Z690 Carbon WiFi,  32GB x 2  DDR5 5200Mhz Ram,   Windows 11,    DCS Stand alone,   OpenXR Toolkit,   Pimax Crystal,   Thrustmaster Viper Stick with RealSimulator  FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra Base,    Winwing Orion 2 10th Anniversary with F-16EX Throttle Grip,    Virpil ACE Interceptor Pedals

an-aim-120b-advanced-medium-range-air-to

Tank Pylon Assembly seen in image is what ED is using for everything on 4/6, and that is incorrect. That pylon is only for fuel tanks, it goes up as a assembly comes off as an assembly, even jettisoned together, the pylon doesn't stay behind. The configuration with the HARM in this image is correct, and since they have unrealistic data suggesting that weapons are loaded to 4/6, the configuration seen here is what should be mirror in the game. Again the tank pylon assembly is only for the fuel tanks, not used on any other suspension configuration.

Edited by =Panther=
  • Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Reported

thank you
Hi,

A question.
As mentioned by =Panther= the pylon currently used is not part of the aircraft but part of the external fuel tank.

Is this being accounted for in the currently on-going FM review? I mean:

1)the current "pylon" is removed together with the tanks if tanks are jettisoned (reducing drag)

2)A new pylon is offered to mount weapons

Thanks

Sent from my MI 10 Lite 5G using Tapatalk