Task Force Challenger campaign unplayable

This mini-campaign has not been updated yet.

In the meantime, you can change the clouds preset from "NOTHING" to any setting you like in the mission editor. The missions are stored here: "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns" (their names start with "Hornet 1989-...").

image.png

Hornet_1989_CAS_mission_unplayable.jpg

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

reported, we will review the weather settings for this campaign.

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, BIGNEWY said:

reported, we will review the weather settings for this campaign.

thanks

Can it stay the current way for the aproach after the mission? :-) -that- is currently really fun. -g-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see this was already reported. I was trying this campaign today. I can't see anything except for the GMT radar, but still an IR SA-9 just appears out of the fog and the clouds and obviously hits me. AI-omnivision: 1 - escaner: 0

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all, 

Looks like something has messed up here, I will chase it up and get back to you all.

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

So I grabbed a trial of the hornet and mission 2 seems impossible without tags on and an insane challenge even with them on, maybe it's just me being new to the plane though  
I'm running the beta branch, is there any chance there will be a fix in the next week or so or will I have to just skip the mission?

• 3 weeks later...

Still having this issue, can we please get an update on this?

EDIT: I just modified the mission file and fixed it for me at least. I had to take ownership of the file though.

Edited by Spadje

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 2.7.8.16140

I moved the CAS 2 mission file from campaign to mission folder. Opened up DCS and edited the weather in MIssion Editor by selecting broken clouds and changed the month to August, just in case weather was tied to it. (I didn’t see a precipitation button like in Flappie’s post above)and saved it.  Before leaving ME I ran it just to see if it changed and it was perfect weather. So I closed DCS and put the edited file back into campaign folder. Opened DCS and it’s right back to the original weather. Did it 5 times and the same thing. 😞

I guess my only alternative is to play it as a single mission but I really wanted to do it in the campaign. 

Thanks Flappie. I figured it out. I was changing the MIZ file that was in the single missions folder, and not the campaign folder. The files are duplicated in 2 spots. Campaign and single mission. So when I changed the one in campaign it worked. Whew!  Now to try being successful on the mission itself is another story! 🤣