walk around In the world

A.F.

The feeling of immersion would be really enhanced if my pilot wasn’t “locked” inside the cockpit. Yes, I can move the camera outside the aircraft (F 11), but that’s not what I mean. When I’m on the ground, I’d like to be able to leave the cockpit, walk around the inside of the aircraft, exit the aircraft, walk around etc… i.e. the things one would do in real life. Maybe there could be things to explore at the airport itself - why not go inside the terminal, or hangar, or check the plane etc.? 

Shooting me out of the cockpit cannot be the solution

• Thanks 1

Simon Pearson has stated that this is going to be a thing in the future.  Walk out the briefing room, across the tarmac to the aircraft, find your allotted tail number and climb in.

When or how I have no idea, but yes, it is eagerly awaited by those of us using VR.

The detail in those airbases at ground level is largely wasted at the moment.  How many people see the cafe tables and garden chairs at the moment, and how many actually know they are a thing at all?

I'd buy a relatively basic and inexpensive, drivable humvee / jeep module just to get around the bases and to the apron from the mess hall.

I remember ejecting on the tarmac at Creech and taking a walk round the base a year or two ago now. 

I was absolutely blown away by the staggering detail that I was seeing and consider that NTTR is a relatively old map now.

Edited by Tinkickef
  • Like 1

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

1 hour ago, Tinkickef said:

The detail in those airbases at ground level is largely wasted at the moment.  How many people see the cafe tables and garden chairs at the moment, and how many actually know they are a thing at all?

I'd buy a relatively basic and inexpensive, drivable humvee / jeep module just to get around the bases and to the apron from the mess hall.

There is CA, but the vehicles and even the driving leaves a lot to be desired.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Indeed, however at the moment I see no point in buying it until you can gain access to and egress from the aircraft.

Anything that adds to VR immersion is money well spent.  Be nice to drive around a tropical Clark airbase in the depths of a cold and dismal British winter.

All I need then is a fully functional tiki bar serving margaritas.

29 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

There is CA, but the vehicles and even the driving leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by Tinkickef
  • Like 2

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I've been looking into the OVR Advanced Settings - I didn't know about them before.
Does anyone have experience with it?

There is the setting in OVR "Space Drag", which you can put on a button of the controller of the G2.

I also managed to virtually climb up and back with the controller in the Cliffhouse.

It is only in DCS that I cannot do this.
It may be that not every game can handle this function