communication menu can only be accessed via Keyboard but not by mouse

darkman222

If I bring up the communications menu / i can only use the keyboard function keys F5-F12 but no mouse to use it.

Would not bother much in 2D but finding the keyboard in vR is some kind of difficult.

Any idea?

EDIT: Little white dot is visible, but does nothing on ground. As soon as i am airborne I can use the mouse like usual.

Edited by darkman222

Get VoiceAttack!  

https://voiceattack.com/

You can be as simple or in depth as you want with it.

The way I have it...I bring up the comms menu with a mapped button on my throttle and then using voice, I say "one," "two," etc... all the way to eleven to correspond with the F commands on the comms menu.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

If you’re flying in VR you don’t use the blue cross cursor to interact with the radio menu. It’s a little white dot, move the blue cross past the radio menu and you’ll see it, it’s a bit weird but you get used to it. 

Thats the weird thing. I have the little white dot, but it seems not to work when on ground. For rearming for example. Instead pressing the F-keys is the only way to do so. As soon as i am in the air it works fine. Dont know if I want to use voice attack tho.

4 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

I have this problem occasionally using VR. Sometimes it works sometimes I have to pull my vr  headset off and use the keyboard.

Not a solution but I learned to use F keys by feel as they are grouped by 4 like F1-4 F5-8 F9-12 so it makes it pretty easy.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Now its getting even weirder. On a carrier selecting the radio commands works by mouse. Starting from an airfield not. Maybe it has something to do with radio frequencies or the radio being off on the airfield or tuned to the wrong station. Or carrier ground grew listens to another channel than the airfield ground crew. I give up. F8 +F1 it is then...