Continued Cut Pass grades from LSO

Mistermann
Go to solution Solved by Stearmandriver,

.... And we still wait patiently for the fix.  😉

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:39 AM, Mistermann said:

.... And we still wait patiently for the fix.  😉

At least there's hope.  Until you see military inaction you don't even know what that is.  In fact, if this was the Navy they'd just do more of what they're doing, because if something isn't working that's the obvious solution.  Eventually while you're briefing the flight in the ready room the LSOs come in to give you the cut-pass before you launch, just be be efficient...

(I'm being mean to LSOs who, for all I know, are conscientious, hard working people.  I've never actually met one.  I did spend enough years in the Navy to know how it operates in general, though...)

Disabling wake turbulence in options seem to improve pass grades considerably. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

That begs the question: User error in handling the burble causing cut passes because the passes actually are bad, or LSO error in that the code hasn't been updated to deal with users' corrections in response to the burble?

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 6:36 PM, Nealius said:

That begs the question: User error in handling the burble causing cut passes because the passes actually are bad, or LSO error in that the code hasn't been updated to deal with users' corrections in response to the burble?

Knowing how I fly?  I always default to the nut behind the stick; it takes a lot of evidence for me to suspect the software.  Generally if a problem is common I might think it's something else, but landing on a carrier is only easy for CGI artists, who can put an F-14 down the centerline even after losing an engine in the groove.

Come to think of it I haven't even tried since the new simpit build.  I'm sure that after two or three months without doing any work around the boat I'll be predictably skillful on those first two or three.

Hundred passes.

<edit>  Yup.  As I suspected.  Enough bolters and the LSO starts to ask if you've ever considered flying for the Air Force, then if maybe you should try a Cessna, then they send you in shame to an 'alternate'. 

Edited by Raisuli

• 4 weeks later...

In the Tomcat on multiplayer only the first pass is accurately graded. All subsequent passes are cut or no-grade. Those same passes are graded very differently with 3rd party plugins like MOOSE/AIRBOSS.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1