Since 2.7, Auto-Hover is almost impossible

Jags1041

Since the update, I have not been able to put the Gazelle into an auto-hover, worked only once.

I have everything on, Radar, Auto-Pilot, and in a self induced hover, and still it will not engage. WTF. getting frustrated.

Yes, x56, Fuel flow on the left half and the Colective on the right half of the Throttle handle that splits into 2 individual axises. You say to pull the Fuel Flow to a more digital key instead, so that it hits 100% garantied?

I'll try it

Edited by Jags1041

Yes, x56, Fuel flow on the left half and the Colective on the right half of the Throttle handle that splits into 2 individual axises. You say to pull the Fuel Flow to a more digital key instead, so that it hits 100% garantied?
I'll try it
Reduce the Y saturation a little, and you will be able to pull

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Holy Molly!! That worked !!, if the fuel throttle not entirely at 100% it won't Auto-Hover, thats stupid. But you were right @swatstar89 , Thankyou so much. I gotta check that throttle axis tho.
@MAXsenna Thanks bro !! will do.
I'm Happy now!!!

Awesome! Yeah, I learned this the hard way myself, until getting the same tip about the fuel lever not quite 100 when on an axis.
Now I'm using K-51's collective, and done the Y sat to get it to spool up fully!

• 2 months later...

Hello. I got the same problem. I did that and i can t hover.. I just use 100% all the time of the fuel flow. And i reduce y saturation and i still cant reach auto hover. I can hover only when i put the chopper starting from the air.

Thanks

It is bug. Starting on ramp with engine running i can do auto hover.

What coult it be?

Thanks. I m setting all the keys up for trim and AP.

I can t use the module with this issue

Edited by faviou2

• 1 month later...

start from 16 minutes.  There is nothing wrong with the auto hover feature chaps.

@faviou2

Magnetos?  What magnetos - it doesn't have any mate.

You mean the Mag Break?

All the SA342 needs for an auto hover is Gyro on, AP on, Dampers on, less than 18kph - preferably in a manual hover, no pre defined trim - trim, activate - badda bing.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, [WF]-Templar said:

start from 16 minutes.  There is nothing wrong with the auto hover feature chaps.

@faviou2

You mean the Mag Break?

All the SA342 needs for an auto hover is Gyro on, AP on, Dampers on, less than 18kph - preferably in a manual hover, no pre defined trim - trim, activate - badda bing.

I have one question. The first time I go into auto hover it works fine and goes in easily but the 2 time I go into auto hover you have to be way more persice on your hover and by that I mean you have to be like perfectly still not just in the parameters that the manual says. I can get it there but it takes a bit and in the night its especially hard

On 9/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, [WF]-Templar said:

@faviou2

You mean the Mag Break?

And what do you mean by dampers? I'm pretty new to the gazelle

And what do you mean by dampers? I'm pretty new to the gazelle
There should be no difference with first or second attempt. At least I have never noticed it.
The dampers are the part of the autopilot.
They tell you to turn them on in the cold start training mission.

11 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

There should be no difference with first or second attempt. At least I have never noticed it.
The dampers are the part of the autopilot.
They tell you to turn them on in the cold start training mission. emoji4.png

I know there should be no difference but from my experience there is unless suddenly after I engage it once I become a horrible pilot 😂. It seems to me that after I engage it the first time and fire a hot3 and then I move when I try to engage auto hover again it's way harder to do and the parameters have been set more conservatively.

Btw what are the dampers called? I did all the training sessions and I never heard about dampers. I appreciate all of the help

I know there should be no difference but from my experience there is unless suddenly after I engage it once I become a horrible pilot . It seems to me that after I engage it the first time and fire a hot3 and then I move when I try to engage auto hover again it's way harder to do and the parameters have been set more conservatively.
Btw what are the dampers called? I did all the training sessions and I never heard about dampers. I appreciate all of the help
Haha! I can totaly relate, especially after a couple of beers.
Hmm, try a free flight with an empty chopper and see if you can consecutively perform a hover. If not you might have discovered something.
Can't remember what they are called, sure it's not dampers, but the four bottom switches to the left on the front console.
Three are similar. I'm not home but I can check later if no-one beats me to it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Haha! I can totaly relate, especially after a couple of beers. emoji4.png
Hmm, try a free flight with an empty chopper and see if you can consecutively perform a hover. If not you might have discovered something.
Can't remember what they are called, sure it's not dampers, but the four bottom switches to the left on the front console.
Three are similar. I'm not home but I can check later if no-one beats me to it. emoji6.png

Ok I know about the dampers then I just didn't know what they were called. I can perform multiple hovers in one flight but I have noticed that on the very first auto hover it is way easier to engage it and looking at the instruments it is in side the parameters listed but after that you have to be just about still to engage it. Maybe it's just me but when I first started flying it I was convinced that you could only do one auto hover and then had to reload the game before I could do it again but then I found that I could do several in a row but that it was way harder to get auto hover to engage the after the first hover. Like I said Maybe it's just me though. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, DronevidsandFreedom said:

Ok I know about the dampers then I just didn't know what they were called. I can perform multiple hovers in one flight but I have noticed that on the very first auto hover it is way easier to engage it and looking at the instruments it is in side the parameters listed but after that you have to be just about still to engage it. Maybe it's just me but when I first started flying it I was convinced that you could only do one auto hover and then had to reload the game before I could do it again but then I found that I could do several in a row but that it was way harder to get auto hover to engage the after the first hover. Like I said Maybe it's just me though. 

Not trying to read minds but the empty part of his message was likely related to weight, and how much the weight affects the behavior of the Gaz. It’s not unusual to find the Gaz harder and harder to hover during the natural course of a mission. Even the weight of a single Hot 3 makes a huge difference in how stable the thing is. 

Disregard if I’m telling you something you already knew. If it’s news tho the Gaz is more stable the closer it is to max weight and more twitchy (and difficult to hover, manually or otherwise) as it gets lighter.

Edit: I thought it might be relevant to mention that I fly the Gaz almost exclusively in DCS, so I’m pretty familiar with its quirks. I’ve noticed that it is more difficult, or seems more difficult, to get into an auto hover than it was before the last patch. In posting my message above I almost completely forgot the point of the thread. So my perception is that something has changed a bit and it makes the auto hover function require a more finesse than it used to in order to engage. Also of note is it used to feel like the auto hover “snapped” into effect rather suddenly. I’ve noticed now it transitions, to include little oscillations, a bit more fluidly into a stable hover. This means it isn’t always as obvious that the AH has been successfully engaged compared to before. Again, my perception, but I’d like a second opinion on this from someone.

Edited by Moriarty
  • Like 2