General need for more WW2 content

HORTON

Eagle Dynamics and Fighter collection,

Please consider adding more WW2 content. I am and avid consumer of everything you guys produce. You do an incredible job.

I really wish you guys could put just 1/8 the time into developing more content for World war 2. It was just such an incredible conflict for the history of the world. I personally do not understand the fascination with airplanes produced over the last 40 years which although intriguing and complex have have really seen so little combat. Why not add some more depth and breadth to this area?

Sincerely,

Horton

• Like 3

Well, if the general needs it.... 

You're in luck, they are in fact adding more ww2 content. Like all modules, it takes time and releases take a while.

• Like 1

Never trust a person who doesn't sort their M&Ms by color.

Cmon, 1/8 of time?

- Last plane released was the Thunderbolt

- Next plane scheduled is the Mosquito

- Channel map was released less than a year ago

- Some patchs ago they introduced a (incredible) new damage model, first on WW2 planes
- Last patch they introduced a (again, incredible) new propeller technology for WW2 planes
- They will introduce a specific version of Marianas map for WW2 theater

Two scenarios, a specific WW2 units expansion and, if im not mistaken, theres more high fidelity modules of WW2 airplanes from ED than of modern jets (remembre, directly from ED)...

• Like 7

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Actually looking at it, WW2 is the most fleshed out and coherent era in DCS - everything else is basically all over the place and there isn't much that greatly fits with each other.

Edited by Northstar98
spelling
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Cmon, 1/8 of time?

- Last plane released was the Thunderbolt
- Next plane scheduled is the Mosquito
- Channel map was released less than a year ago
- Some patchs ago they introduced a (incredible) new damage model, first on WW2 planes
- Last patch they introduced a (again, incredible) new propeller technology for WW2 planes
- They will introduce a specific version of Marianas map for WW2 theater

Two scenarios, a specific WW2 units expansion and, if im not mistaken, theres more high fidelity modules of WW2 airplanes from ED than of modern jets (remembre, directly from ED)...
I sense a momentum here?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

My wish list,

• more East front assets. Especially some late war assets that could be used in a Korean war battle. Though early war stuff for the I-16 would be nice too.
  • More maps, a world war II version of the Caucus map, Italy ,Kursk, and sme late war German map that could double as an early cold war map.
  • Flyable Russian planes the il-2/ 10(should be a single module), the yak-9 and La-7 
  • More ships -some battleships would be high on this list. If we get the Iowa class battleships I would like the 1980s version as well as the 1940s.

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 1

If you want to get a sense of the amount of time spent on the various modules, just compare the number of points each patch contains for the different modules. 1/8 would be an overestimation of the time spent on WWII. But this is to be expected when you consider the scope of what ED is attempting to do. I think ED has made great progress on DCS world considering the level of detail and realism being used to simulate military technology that spans a period of nearly 70 years.

I am a huge fan of DCS WWII, and welcome any and all content additions. But in addition to more content, I would also like to see improvements in what is already there. The new damage model/propeller technology are examples of the types of improvements that I hope we continue to see. The war birds are exquisite and a real joy to fly, but it would be nice to see tanks/ground vehicles modeled to a similar level of quality. The infantry units are actually really well done, but could use improvements with AI logic behavior and functionality. In terms of more content, DCS WWII could also use more infantry types to help bring the battle field to life.

In terms of supporting ED so that it can bring more WWII content, I would encourage anyone interested to support the tech packs and maps that make up and add to the simulator in very important ways. If you are into making realistic WWII themed missions, then I can highly recommend the WWII Assets pack/Normandy map/Channel. And regardless of what time period you are interested in, if you don't have Combined Arms, you are missing a major part of DCS simulator functionality.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...