Navigation aid systems missing or wrong data

GumidekCZ
Go to solution Solved by Recoil16,

Reporting missing or wrong data of navigation aid systems.
Somebody from ED have to check and correct every airfield on PG map, to match real world data.

Four examples, probably can find more.

Bandar JASK missing NDB beacon.

JASK.png

KISH Tacan in DCS is 112X - reality 121X which is used in DCS at Lima AFB - not found any evidence of such Tacan code for that airfield:

KISH.png

LAR missing Tacan 126X:

LAR.png

KHESHM missing Tacan 118X:

GHESHM.png

Official IRAN source of charts:

https://ais.airport.ir/69/-/document_library_display/UtmuerbUoVOY/view/67925061?_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_topLink=home&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_delta1=20&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_keywords=&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_advancedSearch=false&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_andOperator=true&p_r_p_564233524_resetCur=false&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_cur1=1

Edited by GumidekCZ
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 5/17/2021 at 12:19 PM, GumidekCZ said:

Bandar JASK missing NDB beacon.

I'm showing the JSK NDB exactly where it's supposed to be.

KISH Tacan in DCS is 112X - reality 121X which is used in DCS at Lima AFB - not found any evidence of such Tacan code for that airfield:

What you are pointing out on the map there is the Kish VOR/DME which is on channel 121X (117.4) in game as it should be. The Kish TACAN is on channel 112X irl and in game (see OIBK AD 2.19 in the AIP Iran).

LAR missing Tacan 126X:

What you are pointing out there on the map is the Lar  DVOR/DME which is on channel 126X (117.9) in game as it should be. Lar does not have a TACAN (per OISL AD 2.19 in the AIP Iran).

KHESHM missing Tacan 118X:

What you are pointing out there is the Queshm NDB/DME, an NDB co-located with a DME. Ingame we have an NDB co-located with a VOR/DME (on channel 118X/117.1), which is actually more than IRL (this is the only actual problem out of the four you pointed out). Queshm does not have a TACAN (see OIKQ AD 2.19 in the AIP Iran).

While I agree with you that there are aeronautical issues with the PG map, what you specifically pointed out here are not issues save for the Qeshm VOR/DME which actually should just be a DME.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

24 minutes ago, M16A3NoRecoilHax said:

I'm showing the JSK NDB exactly where it's supposed to be.

What you are pointing out on the map there is the Kish VOR/DME which is on channel 121X (117.4) in game as it should be. The Kish TACAN is on channel 112X irl and in game (see OIBK AD 2.19 in the AIP Iran).

What you are pointing out there on the map is the Lar  DVOR/DME which is on channel 126X (117.9) in game as it should be. Lar does not have a TACAN (per OISL AD 2.19 in the AIP Iran).

What you are pointing out there is the Queshm NDB/DME, an NDB co-located with a DME. Ingame we have an NDB co-located with a VOR/DME (on channel 118X/117.1), which is actually more than IRL (this is the only actual problem out of the four you pointed out). Queshm does not have a TACAN (see OIKQ AD 2.19 in the AIP Iran).

While I agree with you that there are aeronautical issues with the PG map, what you specifically pointed out here are not issues save for the Qeshm VOR/DME which actually should just be a DME.

I dont have any of AD 2.19 charts, all I have is this:

https://ais.airport.ir/69/-/document_library_display/UtmuerbUoVOY/view/67925061?_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_topLink=home&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_delta1=20&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_keywords=&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_advancedSearch=false&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_andOperator=true&p_r_p_564233524_resetCur=false&_110_INSTANCE_UtmuerbUoVOY_cur1=1

And all points I have mentioned above are true. Except the JASK one, it already has the NDB 349 in DCS.

Edited by GumidekCZ

The AD 2.19 is in the textual, not the charts, e.g. for Kish: OIBK.pdf

My points stand. There is no TACAN at either Kish, Lar or Qeshm, at least so far I have seen no evidence of that.

Edited by M16A3NoRecoilHax

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord