Old Weather Patterns vs New Ones (Something I'm missing?)

So I'm an individual that plays almost exclusively single-player.  I have horrific anxiety on Multiplayer games so needless to say the Mission Editor and I are very intimate.  With version prior to 2.7, controlling the weather was pretty straight forward.  Wind direction, cloud density, cloud elevation and thickness, Rain/Snow/Temperature... with 2.7's system you either use one of the presets (Broken 1-7, Overcast 1-3 etc.) but you are no longer able to fine-tune the weather patterns you want.
  I've tried applying a preset and then switching back to the pre-2.7 system (IE: Change preset to 'Nothing' and you'll get the old weather system).  The old weather system only partially exists because the cloud-settings you're choosing under 'Nothing' apply t o clouds that aren't there.  'Nothing' = Null, so no matter what I can't put in weather effects that I want.

Currently my only option is to choose one of the pre-set cloud or weather conditions, or enter in my own temp/density/precipitation on a map that won't spawn clouds.
I see tons of posts about issues with the new cloud system (Rain drops on the canopy seems to be the biggest one which has already been reported) but I haven't found one addressing the Mission Editor's limitation.  Any input the community or ED has would be awesome (Maybe I'm just missing something).  Cheers.

The cloud system has just been rolled out mate. Give it some time as bug reporting will make it better more reliable and maybe even easier to handle over the time.
I know nobody wants to hear that anymore but it is a BETA version.

No offence mate, I know small steps can be frustrating but I think ED just made a big one with 2.7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

13 hours ago, Mitissa said:

... Any input the community or ED has would be awesome (Maybe I'm just missing something).  Cheers.

Perhaps you’re missing an intact installation. Have you tried repairing? I have the old clouds and they correspond to the slider settings

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I haven't tried a full re-install which may be the next step, I have however used the repair feature in Steam (I'm running Steam Edition, sorry I should have put that earlier).  It's also possible that I'm not explaining correctly. 
I uploaded two screen shots from my ME.  The one titled 'NewWthr.png' is obviously the 2.7 System.  There's Temperature, Cloud pattern, and the Base altitude.
The old one 'OldWthr.png' is what I have to do in order to get the old weather system to populate (Base/Thickness/Density/Precipitation).  Since the only way to get the old-system to show up I have to set the Preset to 'Nothing'.  If 'Nothing' is the pattern I launch the game and there aren't any clouds regardless of the 'classic' options I pick.  It feels like it's a step backwards, less customizable.  

Are you saying your OldWtrh version will let you modify weather patterns like you used to?

NewWthr

NewWthr.png

OldWthr

OldWthr.png

Edited by Mitissa

You explained yourself just fine the first time. Yes. I select “Nothing” and then I am able to use the legacy static weather. Clouds 1-10, cloud height and thickness—everything works as it used to.

I had taken some screens to show you but had to leave home before I could post them.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

19 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

You explained yourself just fine the first time. Yes. I select “Nothing” and then I am able to use the legacy static weather. Clouds 1-10, cloud height and thickness—everything works as it used to.

I had taken some screens to show you but had to leave home before I could post them.

+1

You can have:

- pic 1 - default weather like before 2.7

- pic 2 - load an "old preset" like before 2.7

- pic 3 - set up your weather to your liking like before 2.7

- pic 4 - load a "new preset" thats what you couldn't do before 2.7

pic 1

1.jpg

pic 2

2.jpg

pic 3

3.jpg

pic 4

4.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thanks to both of you for the help.  After seeing unknown's screen shots it's clear something was wrong on my end cause all of my custom missions looked like pic 1 regardless of how I modified the old system.
Following Iron's advice I uninstalled and did a full purge of everything DCS except my .mizes and re-installed.  I'm now able to get the weather effects working correctly so it's either a skin/mod/lua that was messing up and Steam's *cough* "repair" didn't pick up on it.

Thanks again gang!

seems I completely got your first post wrong - sorry for that. If I would have gotten you right in the first place I would've recommended a deletion of the fxo's and metashaders and do a repair.

My bad - but great you got it working as supposed

• Like 1

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5