AGM84 harpoon oddly behavior

Red_Camarada

Hi

I was doing some tests with AGM84 in a singleplayer scenario on Syiria map, I was testing how SEEK type (large, medium, small) works and I figured out this oddly behavior, sometimes the missile folowed its fly path (LOW, 5000ft) but sometimes its started to descend to 49ft as soon as it got off the rails with different fly and seek parameters. This looks like a bug but I'm not 100% sure so I will report it here.

thanks

AGM84_harpoon_oddlybehaivoir.trk

Hi
I was doing some tests with AGM84 in a singleplayer scenario on Syiria map, I was testing how SEEK type (large, medium, small) works and I figured out this oddly behavior, sometimes the missile folowed its fly path (LOW, 5000ft) but sometimes its started to descend to 49ft as soon as it got off the rails with different fly and seek parameters. This looks like a bug but I'm not 100% sure so I will report it here.
thanks
AGM84_harpoon_oddlybehaivoir.trk
Well if it's skimming it's because it found something to attack. There's a chance that right off the rail it found something and went to the deck for it's terminal phase. All sounds like correct behavior to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Well if it's skimming it's because it found something to attack. There's a chance that right off the rail it found something and went to the deck for it's terminal phase. All sounds like correct behavior to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sounds ok but I was 58NM from the TGT and the skimming behavior was random, with the same parameters sometimes it goes skimming sometimes it does not.

• ED Team

In my tests I was getting different results on different attempts, sometimes harpoon going for the deck sometimes doing a high attack, with all missiles set with the same settings.

I have reported to the team for checking,

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2