Do RoughMet's work on L-39?

SKYPORK

Do RoughMet textures work on the L-39's? I tried various ways of activating them, but no joy. I have had no trouble adding/editing RoughMet's for any of my other modules, but the L-39 is being a naughty brat!😒

Maybe I just forgot a period or comma in the .lua....

There has to be roughmets in the textures folder for you to be able to activate them.

The easy solution is to create your roughmets and then add them to the folder. There is a naming standard you have to match and that is to call your roughmets default_texture_roughmet.dds. IE you need the _roughmet at the end of the standard default texture name.

If the texture files are zipped, simply create a new regular folder with the same name as the zip and then drop your roughmets in there. That way you don't risk breaking IC.

Once that is done the game will completely ignore all spec maps in favor of the roughmet. Then you can add yours to your livery through the normal way by adding the lines in the lua.

Edited by Megalax

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

• 2 years later...
On 10/2/2023 at 1:06 AM, Urbi said:

Megalax gave the right answer here. Only nothing has happened since then. The condition of non-functional roughmet textures is not only current with the L-39, but also persists with other models. I offer a solution here. However, this requires a fundamental change in the descriptio.lua, as the existing texture name is incorrect as false and is not automatically replaced with roughmet. If there is an entry for "SPECULAR" (red 2), it must be replaced by "ROUGHNESS_METALLIC" (red 13). The following texture name then no longer plays a role and can be retained. If you don't do this, the roughmet I created will be loaded, but no false texture. In most cases, color textures were loaded for the "SPECULAR", which does not correspond to the standard of a SPECULAR. You should control this and change the color. The main name for the external texture is “L39C_Diff_” and must then be supplemented with “_Rougmet” for a roughmet, i.e. “L39C_Diff__Roughmet”. with the L-39ZA it would then be analogous to “L39ZA_Diff__Roughmet”. after Diff there are two underscores. In CoreMods\aircraft\L-39\Textures there are two zip folders for the C and ZA models. For the roughmet textures I created two folders with the same name as the zip folders. These should be copied into this textures folder. The folders each contain a template (PSD) for the roughmet with a choice of several options for the glossy display. For purple, logos and labels should be transferred from your own liveries and filled with orange. the simplest solution for differentiating the gloss intensity. Here are some textures of user lives that I changed

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/wf6of58aqwzp20l4yz2ld/Roughmet-L-39.zip?rlkey=bf687kgmatos385fqrmslw2mu&dl=0

null

image.jpeg

Screen_230919_175609.jpg

Screen_230919_174845.jpg

Screen_230919_154251.jpg

Screen_230917_182942.jpg

Thank you for this, second livery is ...... 😍

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2023 at 1:06 AM, Urbi said:

Megalax gave the right answer here. Only nothing has happened since then. The condition of non-functional roughmet textures is not only current with the L-39, but also persists with other models. I offer a solution here. However, this requires a fundamental change in the descriptio.lua, as the existing texture name is incorrect as false and is not automatically replaced with roughmet. If there is an entry for "SPECULAR" (red 2), it must be replaced by "ROUGHNESS_METALLIC" (red 13). The following texture name then no longer plays a role and can be retained. If you don't do this, the roughmet I created will be loaded, but no false texture. In most cases, color textures were loaded for the "SPECULAR", which does not correspond to the standard of a SPECULAR. You should control this and change the color. The main name for the external texture is “L39C_Diff_” and must then be supplemented with “_Rougmet” for a roughmet, i.e. “L39C_Diff__Roughmet”. with the L-39ZA it would then be analogous to “L39ZA_Diff__Roughmet”. after Diff there are two underscores. In CoreMods\aircraft\L-39\Textures there are two zip folders for the C and ZA models. For the roughmet textures I created two folders with the same name as the zip folders. These should be copied into this textures folder. The folders each contain a template (PSD) for the roughmet with a choice of several options for the glossy display. For purple, logos and labels should be transferred from your own liveries and filled with orange. the simplest solution for differentiating the gloss intensity. Here are some textures of user lives that I changed

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/wf6of58aqwzp20l4yz2ld/Roughmet-L-39.zip?rlkey=bf687kgmatos385fqrmslw2mu&dl=0

null

image.jpeg

Screen_230919_175609.jpg

Screen_230919_174845.jpg

Screen_230919_154251.jpg

Screen_230917_182942.jpg

Can't make it working 🤔

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG