DCS-BIOS MAYDAY

I am having issues with my bios. My 3 bios control boxes show their ports are connected in the web interface. However, when I jump in the jet very few controls work on one, and the other two are completely non-existent.

I close DCS and check the bios web interface and then the ports are all gone. I'll exit dcs-bios and start it all over again with the same exact issues. The serial ports are connected again, dcs starts up, bios boxes gone.

I'll swap USB ports, I've restarted my PC, checked for updates. Uninstalled/ reinstalled dcs-bios so on and so forth.

This isnt a consistent issue, as yesterday after messig with this it worked itself out. Tonight I've had no luck, and I notice this issue happens every few months. I want to blame it on around the times when stable and beta are merging together. So I can either wait for DCS to update to 2.7, or maybe someone here has an idea what may be the issue. I'd greatly appreciate any help. 

Edited by DELTA 2 OSCAR
Attention

• DELTA 2 OSCAR changed the title to DCS-BIOS MAYDAY
  • 9 months later...

You are not alone! This is my problem too. I'm searching for solution for months.
My next try is to use DCSFlightpanels. It's using the same DCS-Arduino library.
The disconnect issue is not: energy saving options, wrong USB-Hubs, non-powered USB-Hubs, clones of Arduinos, Ground loops in wiring,

Sometimes DCS-BIOS Hub filled up my 32 GByte RAM! I think, there is no way to use it anymore. It's not updated since 2019... 

Whenever you find a quick solution - let me know! 🙂

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 7:23 AM, Heling said:

You are not alone! This is my problem too. I'm searching for solution for months.
My next try is to use DCSFlightpanels. It's using the same DCS-Arduino library.
The disconnect issue is not: energy saving options, wrong USB-Hubs, non-powered USB-Hubs, clones of Arduinos, Ground loops in wiring,

Sometimes DCS-BIOS Hub filled up my 32 GByte RAM! I think, there is no way to use it anymore. It's not updated since 2019... 

Whenever you find a quick solution - let me know! 🙂

Michael

I'm having the same problem, I have several Arduino board running, and lately it appears that sometime the BIOS just shutdown and all the Arduinos just freezes along with the DCS-HUB, my other button boxes continue to work great.  All my Arduinos are connected to powered hubs and as mentioned power saving is not the issue. I tried the DCSFlightpanels but wasn't able to get any positive results from it maybe because I'm using DCS open beta. Maybe another look might be in order, unless an update to the BIOS is coming.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

DCS-BIOS HUB is out of maintenance since 2019... With this I had the trouble at all. Now I'm using DCS-Flightpanels. It's a forge of DCS-BIOS 0.7 and it is up to date. The installation is not so easy but well described in a step by step .pdf.

With this, my errors are reduced to a few. Only my Coutionboard has errors like " socat: ttyS7: E write: permission denied... I'm hanging with this error and in a long flight some other Arduinos disconnects 😞

I'm not a programmer. I read for Linux that the problem is depenced on user groups. In windows there are issues with opening hight numbered ports (above 40,000) Thats all what I found in long searches 😞

• 3 weeks later...

I think I found the right way!
1. I switched from DCS-BIOS to DCS-Flightpanels. It's a fork from DCS-Bios. There is a good description to install it properly.
2. You must delete the Arduino DCS library and install the new from DCS Flightpanels. Then recompile and upload every Arduinocodes
3. USB 3.0 HUBs are sometimes a problem. I changed one of three to a USB 2.0 and the connected Arduionos work fine now.
4. start your comports now with the given multi-serial-connection.bat. Write in this file only the needed ports in a line with spaces between.
5. move all switches from boards like Bodnar to Helios, not in the controls of DCS. It's also good for 3Pos. switches!

With this, I have a stable system for hours. Try it!

• 5 months later...

Wish i had of seen these last week.  Over the weekend i upgraded all my usb 2 hubs to usb 3 hubs (thinking i was doing a good thing).  Now DCS Bios (FP) is not working correctly anymore, ie large lag between input and game change, some buttons not working etc.   Going back to my old trusty powered usb 2 hubs for the arduino's. 

What a waste of money....

ohh this is really in the wrong forum.  Should be in home builders IMHO

@NineLine

Thanks

Sting

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

• 1 year later...
Il 19/4/2022 at 23:03, Heling ha scritto:

I think I found the right way!
1. I switched from DCS-BIOS to DCS-Flightpanels. It's a fork from DCS-Bios. There is a good description to install it properly.
2. You must delete the Arduino DCS library and install the new from DCS Flightpanels. Then recompile and upload every Arduinocodes
3. USB 3.0 HUBs are sometimes a problem. I changed one of three to a USB 2.0 and the connected Arduionos work fine now.
4. start your comports now with the given multi-serial-connection.bat. Write in this file only the needed ports in a line with spaces between.
5. move all switches from boards like Bodnar to Helios, not in the controls of DCS. It's also good for 3Pos. switches!

With this, I have a stable system for hours. Try it!

Heiling, which type of USB 2.0 Hub did you buy ? 
thanks