Bringing up the briefing after crashing spawns a new plane

sthompson
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Attached is a track file and a debrief log that demonstrate the bug: Fly a mission and crash intentionally (or unintentionally). Then press Left-Alt-B to bring up the briefing window. Then press fly. You will find yourself in a new plane as if nothing happened. In the attached track I did it several times in a row. I first discovered this when running a Campaign mission where the spawn caused me to attain mission success (apparently because I killed some enemy defenses when I crashed) where return to base was part of mission success. But of course spawning a new plane shouldn't count!

mission.log Mission.trk

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

That did it. Thanks Flappie. Can't recall when I turned that on, but I never noticed the behavior until very recently when it caused trouble. I guess I don't usually bring up the briefing after being KIA. It isn't clear to me why that feature is tied to the briefing. The manual documentation of this feature says nothing about what triggers a respawn.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals