Can't import keywords

GLUTIUS MAXIMUS

I had to reinstall everything, I had backed up all my keywords and profiles from Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro before i had reinstalled. vaicom pro won't import my keywords it says no new aliases were imported, this is going to be so frustrating I had so many custom words in there. is there a way to fix this?

I had to reinstall everything, I had backed up all my keywords and profiles from Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro before i had reinstalled. vaicom pro won't import my keywords it says no new aliases were imported, this is going to be so frustrating I had so many custom words in there. is there a way to fix this?
How did you do the backup?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

doing some testing, I have import F10 command selected, after a f10 command is generated i will customize its phrasing to something I would say. i then export the keyword files and reset keywords in Vaicom Pro then import it back in and it wont recognize the F10 commands.

3 hours ago, GLUTIUS MAXIMUS said:

doing some testing, I have import F10 command selected, after a f10 command is generated i will customize its phrasing to something I would say. i then export the keyword files and reset keywords in Vaicom Pro then import it back in and it wont recognize the F10 commands.

I can verify that this is how it behaves.

I do not use the feature myself so the following is speculation and guesswork. I suspect the problem is that when you try to import the keywords VAICOM does not know what to do with them because you have reset the database and so is ignoring them. For VAICOM to know what to do with these keywords it must determine the underlying actions in DCS that each one of them triggers. How it does that is part of the mystery, but I'm certain it is querying data structures in the communications systems to get the name of each F10 action in the current mission and a hook to the corresponding action to be taken when it is selected. Some of that information is then probably saved in the keywords database so that VAICOM does not have to search the underlying DCS data structures each time you invoke an F10 keyword. If you reset the database this information may be lost, and so if you then try to import one of the previously saved keywords, VAICOM does not have an action to match it to. Exactly how it does the matching I don't know.

But possibly if you re-run the mission the F10 entries in the database will be repopulated, and then you may be able to import your custom aliases for those actions. Why don't you give that a try and tell us if it worked.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I can verify that this is how it behaves.

I do not use the feature myself so the following is speculation and guesswork. I suspect the problem is that when you try to import the keywords VAICOM does not know what to do with them because you have reset the database and so is ignoring them. For VAICOM to know what to do with these keywords it must determine the underlying actions in DCS that each one of them triggers. How it does that is part of the mystery, but I'm certain it is querying data structures in the communications systems to get the name of each F10 action in the current mission and a hook to the corresponding action to be taken when it is selected. Some of that information is then probably saved in the keywords database so that VAICOM does not have to search the underlying DCS data structures each time you invoke an F10 keyword. If you reset the database this information may be lost, and so if you then try to import one of the previously saved keywords, VAICOM does not have an action to match it to. Exactly how it does the matching I don't know.

But possibly if you re-run the mission the F10 entries in the database will be repopulated, and then you may be able to import your custom aliases for those actions. Why don't you give that a try and tell us if it worked.
This makes total sense. When I first read the OP from @GLUTIUS MAXIMUS, I was solely thinking about custom aliases to existing native keywords. The F10 import didn't come to mind, and when I think about it. I had the exact same issue once, and I actually think that some F10 import was what corrupted my database in the first place. So I have basically stopped doing imports of the F10 menu. And if I do, I keep them as they are with the "action" in front, but do make an alias for them to remember more easily.@sthompson's suggestion (in the last paragraph) on how to potentially fix this, is exactly what I would try.
In the future, maybe we could have some sort of export that fix this.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk