Question about Track Hat Plus

Hi,

In regards to head tracking in DCS,

I have been using opentrack with smoothtrack on my phone and the while it has blown me away and I have been incredibly impressed, I wouldn't mind upgrading to something better. My main problem with this setup is that I am constantly having to press the 'recentre' button to re set the view as it doesn't always go exactly back to straight ahead. Also it is a pain not being able to use my phone while gaming and there is a bit of lag. It is also not quite sensitive or accurate enough to use helmet mounted sighting systems properly. 

I am interested in purchasing the Track Hat Plus, it is affordable and I am already familiar with the opentrack software and I like it.

I am just wondering, in order to get this setup going, apart from purchasing the track hat plus, do I just need a "PS3 PS Eye" webcam and that's it? Are there any other components I need to buy or anything else I should know before buying this setup?

I use a little 5.1 channel setup so prefer the hat option since I don't wear a headset.

Thanks for your advice.

1 hour ago, e32lover said:

Hi,

In regards to head tracking in DCS,

I have been using opentrack with smoothtrack on my phone and the while it has blown me away and I have been incredibly impressed, I wouldn't mind upgrading to something better. My main problem with this setup is that I am constantly having to press the 'recentre' button to re set the view as it doesn't always go exactly back to straight ahead. Also it is a pain not being able to use my phone while gaming and there is a bit of lag. It is also not quite sensitive or accurate enough to use helmet mounted sighting systems properly. 

I am interested in purchasing the Track Hat Plus, it is affordable and I am already familiar with the opentrack software and I like it.

I am just wondering, in order to get this setup going, apart from purchasing the track hat plus, do I just need a "PS3 PS Eye" webcam and that's it? Are there any other components I need to buy or anything else I should know before buying this setup?

I use a little 5.1 channel setup so prefer the hat option since I don't wear a headset.

Thanks for your advice.

I bought the DelanClip package from Delan Engineering. Very happy with it, and it should be the same as the Track Hat.

It came with a fully modified PS3 cam, and all I needed was to install the drivers and OpenTrack, as I didn't like FreeTrack.

So you should b good to go! 😊

Cheers!

I just had a look and it does look good, much more affordable than the Track Hat Plus.

The only issue is that I don't wear a headset. Is there any way to utilise the Delan clip with a hat? Like maybe attach it to a hat?

Also in regards to the PS3 Cam, what sort of modifications are done to it? I had a look at the Track Hat Plus shop, and they don't have any cameras, just the hat. Can you buy just the modded cameras somewhere to go with the Track Hat Plus?